Shops on fire, do you take stuff or run?

Shops on fire, do you take stuff?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Shops on fire, do you

• Take as much as you can
    • Run like hell to the nearest exit empty handed

Just image your in a shop, it's on fire, you know the fire's well gone and everything will be destroyed, either by the fire, smoke or from water damage by the fire service. 

do you just run out? take stuff? is it even illegal if it was going to be destroyed anyway?

I say let it burn, no point in risking your life. Insurance should cover it and anything irreplaceable  should've been in a safe in the first place.

I think he is talking from the perspective of a customer who can take the opportunity to run off with some free stuff.

If I can't afford it, I didn't deserve it anyway, as tempting as it would be (part of the reason I told a few of my friends who went looting during the lootfest that was the riots a year or so ago, the one's that listened, don't have that added to their criminal records)

• Like 2

Get out the shop and ensure no one else needs help getting out safely. It doesn't say much for you as a person exploiting a situation where people could be killed or seriously injured.

• Like 2

If your presuming the fire will burn all the stock then it must have has a good hold before you decided to do either in which case most folk would run for the nearest exit.BTW what sort of shop is it I mean a pound shop would be a total waste as even with your arms full its still only going to be worth what, like twenty quid?  :laugh:

I took a yogurt by mistake yesterday and the shop wasn't on fire. I confessed this morning to ease my conscious.

Prevention is better than cure after all it may be you were too early for the fire

If I had personal stuff and it was close by, I would take that.  Otherwise, I am gone and outta there and helping others if I can.  And yes, even if it was going to be destroyed, still illegal to take what is not yours.

• Like 1

There's two kind of mindset on this thread that split two kinds of demographic.  I will not go into great details on that.  But I will reveal my stance.  Even if the stuff is going to be destroyed and it was not yours in the first place -- you need understand this -- even if it is going to be destroyed it does not mean that once it is destroyed, the property will change hands.  If you save or take the item from the fire the item does not mean that item now belongs to you.

• Like 1

I call INSPECTOR GADGET!

So he can try to trigger his fire extinguisher and instead make things worse by spraying propane everywhere?

And to answer the original question - I get out and help anyone else out who needs it on the way.

There's two kind of mindset on this thread that split two kinds of demographic.  I will not go into great details on that.  But I will reveal my stance.  Even if the stuff is going to be destroyed and it was not yours in the first place -- you need understand this -- even if it is going to be destroyed it does not mean that once it is destroyed, the property will change hands.  If you save or take the item from the fire the item does not mean that item now belongs to you.

Huh? What two midsets are on this thread? I am having trouble finding one comment saying take the stuff and it's not stealing... Even so, how do you know the demographics of the people who are leaving comments here? Please elaborate...

Just image your in a shop, it's on fire, you know the fire's well gone and everything will be destroyed, either by the fire, smoke or from water damage by the fire service. 

do you just run out? take stuff? is it even illegal if it was going to be destroyed anyway?

your a fireman aren't you 2sba8lj.jpg