Tell me why you think Firefox is better.

Oh I forgot to mention that Firefox do not need Flash.  I have been using Firefox without Flash for so long.  Flash will slow your computer and it is a security risk.  When your browser is not open and you hear audio coming from somewhere, you better know why.  As a YouTube viewer, I install Firefox and never put Flash nor Silverlight in my computer.  Just fire up that fox and put AdBlock in and go to YouTube and watch it.  No hassle is needed.  No need to configure anything.  Either YouTube or Firefox knows that I need HTML5 version automatically.  So you don't need to install any extension to get HTML5 or need to activate the HTML5 player.  But I guess it's good to tell YouTube to use HTML5 as your default player.

Those guys that complaint about slow and crash, re-install your OS and DO NOT install Flash or Silverlight on your computer.  Flash, Silverlight, and Java.  Those are the 3 that you must avoid installing on your computer at all costs.

The only system I haven't seen it crash on is in Linux, That has an older version (11.2.x) installed that only get security patch updates since Adobe stopped supporting it on Linux.

Fresh Player Plugin is amazing, should look into it if you want newer Flash for Firefox. ;)

Oh I forgot to mention that Firefox do not need Flash.  I have been using Firefox without Flash for so long.  Flash will slow your computer and it is a security risk.  When your browser is not open and you hear audio coming from somewhere, you better know why.  As a YouTube viewer, I install Firefox and never put Flash nor Silverlight in my computer.  Just fire up that fox and put AdBlock in and go to YouTube and watch it.  No hassle is needed.  No need to configure anything.  Either YouTube or Firefox knows that I need HTML5 version automatically.  So you don't need to install any extension to get HTML5 or need to activate the HTML5 player.  But I guess it's good to tell YouTube to use HTML5 as your default player.

Those guys that complaint about slow and crash, re-install your OS and DO NOT install Flash or Silverlight on your computer.  Flash, Silverlight, and Java.  Those are the 3 that you must avoid installing on your computer at all costs.

>>> Firefox Problems 2015

Flash player doesn't crash for me in Chrome. Only in firefox every 2 hours, and has for years, constantly in firefox, no matter the windows install or hardware config. Only in firefox.

I've never had flash crash in firefox on any of the windows machines I've used

Those guys that complaint about slow and crash, re-install your OS and DO NOT install Flash or Silverlight on your computer.

Flash, Silverlight, and Java.  Those are the 3 that you must avoid installing on your computer at all costs.

So basically, you are suggesting a complete re-install of Windows just because of a browser plugin that's buggy as hell? Don't be silly. Re-installing an entire OS

should only be considered as a last resort solution for more serious problems like malware infections if all other options to fix the problem haven't worked.

Unfortunately, Adobe Crash Player, as awful as it is, is still a necessary evil while a large proportion of websites still deliver multimedia content using Flash

I have almost totally stopped using Java, since the only website I use that requires that is KeepVid. Silverlight is only used for whenever I watch Netflix

within my browser, at least until Netflix switches wholesale to HTML5 like Google are currently doing with YouTube.

I guess I'm one of the most lucky ones. I have no Flash crashes or lockups or any other Flash issues with Chrome, Chrome Canary, Firefox, Nightly and Internet Explorer.

I was right about that. :)

The reason I suggest format is because I think those 3 apps that reside on your computer may have collected a lot of security exploit waiting to explode.  It also contains many registry cavity that disrupt other applications and causing the computer to be unstable.  So a fresh new air would be a good perspective.

Also, Adblock Plus is a memory pig too. You should use uBlock.

Thanks for the info on uBlock.  I've been using Chrome lately with Adguard and the memory usage is ridiculous.  I had been using Firefox but it became a bit of a mess (for me).  I have to say it has improved immensely and with uBlock it runs great.  I also love the subtle colors themes of squeaker757.

If you want to more easily convince yourself you need a new computer... since firefox is slower and takes longer to startup.... than both Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Add-ons are the only reason to get firefox... and chrome has almost surpassed it.

d1c2b1e43f2943c557620f36a1d3af18ba3def9f

this is what is happening to my sister and her friends on skype last night!!!!! over and over!!!

If you want to more easily convince yourself you need a new computer... since firefox is slower and takes longer to startup.... than both Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Add-ons are the only reason to get firefox... and chrome has almost surpassed it.

Yeah man, these startup times are awful /s

rLUOwuZ.png

I used to use FF but switched to Chrome years ago. I just tried the latest FF and it does seem quite a bit faster.