Microsoft is Apple?

It says that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple Inc.

So no, Microsoft isn't Apple. ;)

EDIT: <Moved to General Discussion>

It's not news, but I can't think of where else to put it.

• Like 2

It says that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple Inc.

Why would they need to state that though? What's Apple got to do with anything here?  :huh:

Why would they need to state that though? What's Apple got to do with anything here?  :huh:

Must be copy and paste from other item... maybe iphone or ipad..  whatever it was.

I am not member of their Reward program.

If I had to take a wild stab in the dark, I would offer that they are expecting many people to see a tablet and think, "iPad." Think of the slight contoversy during a...sport game thing, I don't know which, where they were trying to push Surface as a name and the people kept referring to them as iPads, or even worse using the surface to stand their iPads up.

I can't be sure when it comes to legal speak, though. I've signed many a disclaimer saying that I won't use my machines for the development of weapons of mass destruction. They think of the strangest thing you could think of and then make a note in their disclaimer.

EDIT: <Moved to General Discussion>

It's not news, but I can't think of where else to put it.

The bin? :p

Very common thing for people to say.  Someone sees you have a tablet - oh you have an iPad?

One of my friends said the same thing, I want to buy an iPad but there are too many choices.....he was talking about tablets in general...its OK, he is dead now, I killed him shortly after his comment.

My point exactly. Ford doesn't have to say they're not General Motors in their ads...

• Like 3

Copy + paste error

template error

Typo error

^ very likely,

Searching with keyword: "apple sweepstakes" also yield some old 'sweepstakes' pages at Apple sites.

so that disclaimer probably added after rewards decision maker realize that such sweepstakes also have been done by apple.

Axe?  Sword?  Saw edged dagger?  Fists?  Mace?  50 cal?  Details man!

I decided for this stupidity based killing I would go away from the weapons and use words. So I recited an apple press event that Steve Jobs did and the guy just withered away in front of eyes.

I decided for this stupidity based killing I would go away from the weapons and use words. So I recited an apple press event that Steve Jobs did and the guy just withered away in front of eyes.

pffft

5/10  warwagons

I know, im terrible lol

Thanks for the 5 though

its ok,  i could not remember if 1/10 is bad or is 10/10 the worst.     :rofl:     so i went for the middle   :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

It appears we were all wrong, there is a new Bing sweepstakes that has nothing to do with Surface at all, yet MS still includes the Apple disclaimer. Why? :cry:

post-498592-0-08614800-1426024007.jpg

It appears we were all wrong, there is a new Bing sweepstakes that has nothing to do with Surface at all, yet MS still includes the Apple disclaimer. Why? :cry:

attachicon.gifagain.JPG

Don't worry about it and move on.

It's either copy/paste error or template error.

The companies have their errors these days in the marketing/advertising departments..

Don't worry about it and move on.

It's either copy/paste error or template error.

The companies have their errors these days in the marketing/advertising departments..

Yeah, time to move on. But I don't believe it's an error, there's a reason...

Yeah, time to move on. But I don't believe it's an error, there's a reason...

If you have a problem with it, then contact Microsoft or Bing about it.

They may remove it for you.

They might forgot about the disclaimer part.  For example:

<? include="disclaimer.tpl" ?> 

on each product page. Which this part is loaded on each page.  Only edit at once and show up no matter which product you are looking at.

If not, they could edit each page as needed.

Note: the code I mentioned above is not actual code ... it is an example.

Could be a friendly joke to the people who reads it.