Cop almost hit my car... then apologizes - amazing !

I thought with so much crap online about how cops are evil, and always out to kill people I would write about what happened today.
I realize its meaningless, and petty - but I still was impressed by it.

I was pulling into Flower Mound's Municipal Courts building to take care of a ticket & when pulling into a space, a black Tahoe in the next space started to back out.
I didnt honk because by the time he would notice it and react, I would already be in my spot and out of the way.
Still, apparently his backup sensors went off and he hit his brakes.
Again, I thought nothing of it and didn't look over to give the person the typical "You're an idiot" glance, I usually do.

Then I saw the Tahoe pull up into the parking space again out of the corner of my eye and he tapped his horn a couple times.
I looked over and saw a cop with his window down (thought he was going to say something about me pulling into the spot too fast or something.

I rolled down my window, he smiled and said, "Sir, I am terribly sorry - you were in my blind spot and I never saw you until my sensors started beeping at me, I am so sorry"
I smiled back and said, "I thought nothing of it - no problem whatsoever" as I was getting out of my car.
He then leaned over to the passenger side and stuck out his hand, "well I appreciate it - and I am terribly sorry - you have a nice car"
I just smiled and said, "wow - thank you" and paused "...and thank you for the job you do - I know y'all have to eat a lot of **** lately - but I appreciate what y'all do"
He said, "thank you" and I walked off - feeling like I did my good deed for the day.

Just thought I would post this - because I get sick of all the cops are bad crap - and thought I would share this little incident.

As for the Flower Mound Chief of Police - when Flower Mound was rated as the lowest crime rate in the country by the FBI, for its demographic - the Chief thanked his cops.... Uhhhh, if crime is so low - wouldnt the cops be a non-issue ? - thank the citizens of Flower Mound for making y'all's job so easy !

• Like 3

I think its so cool that you have non powered windows. You'd have an advantage over me if our cars ever got stuck in a flooded ditch. My electric windows wouldn't work, and i'd die. You could easily manually roll yours down and swim to safety.

I think its so cool that you have non powered windows. You'd have an advantage over me if our cars ever got stuck in a flooded ditch. My electric windows wouldn't work, and i'd die. You could easily manually roll yours down and swim to safety.

if you get that even partially covers your window you won't be able to roll it down even if it's manual.

LOL - I said "roll down my windows" as a habit.  I would die in that flooded ditch right next to you.  I guess I better stop saying "roll"

"

I think the 1st car I ever drove was the old manual roll type.  In fact it broke off and all that was exposed was a sprocket inside the door.  I had to get a pair of vice grips to roll the window down and up - oh to be 16 again !

if you get that even partially covers your window you won't be able to roll it down even if it's manual.

oh yeah, remember that episode of muthbusters now.

You can open a window in a submerged car by using a manual window crank.

busted

Using a test weight of 350 lbs (equivalent to pressure differential from just two feet of immersion), the pressure of the window glass against the frame is so great that no amount of effort can move the gear. You are more likely to break the window handle.

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode72

we're all doomed.

LOL - I said "roll down my windows" as a habit. I would die in that flooded ditch right next to you. I guess I better stop saying "roll"

"

We'd be like titanic <3

wonder what verb we could use.

wonder what verb we could use.

Good Question - I was thinking same thing and couldnt think of anything....

You lowered your window? Works in all situations.

I like the idea of providing positive news given recent events. Although I'm not sure what to make of your last comment, seems somewhat backhanded given what you just said.

"Thank you, officer, for the work that you do...but we don't need you." :unsure:

Whoa, a cop didn't try to blame your driving as the cause of his almost collision, and didn't try to shoot you?

I would have,

The ran you over,

And made sure by hiring a stram roller, just be make sure :p

(By the way, this is a person to person post, intended solely for T3x4s)

You lowered your window? Works in all situations.

I like the idea of providing positive news given recent events. Although I'm not sure what to make of your last comment, seems somewhat backhanded given what you just said.

"Thank you, officer, for the work that you do...but we don't need you." :unsure:

"dont need you" ?  What do you mean ?  I certainly didnt mean to sound like that - I hope I didnt.  I just said they get a lot of crap lately and everyone complains until they need their protection (in less words)

I didnt mean he wasnt needed.

There are a lot of good cops out there.  More good than bed.  But people like to fixate on the bad things.  Doesnt matter if you are a cop, or a bagger at your local grocery store, race, gender....  People remember the bad things more so than the good and a lot of people will put the whole group in the same bad category. 

There are a lot of good cops out there.  More good than bed.  But people like to fixate on the bad things.  Doesnt matter if you are a cop, or a bagger at your local grocery store, race, gender....  People remember the bad things more so than the good and a lot of people will put the whole group in the same bad category. 

That is true to an extent, but it's also true that bad apples spoil the bunch.  That goes for civilians and cops. 

OT:  Nice experience and one that probably represents most cops.  Now if only they would feel the same about bad cops as we do . . .

Glad you avoided getting hit. The paperwork alone dealing with gov is terrible. Cool you and the cop vibed.

As for everyone getting stuck in water trying to roll down the windows, break the glass.