Choosing a small PC only to use as a wireless AP/Router/Net Filter

I've got a Raspberry Pi B 512 running IPFire which is perfect but the wireless connections speed while surfing the net is slow! I'm using a transparent proxy through IPfire (uses Squid) and my wireless connection speed is 1Mbps so I'm wondering if I should look to replace my USB WIFI dongle (150N) or replace everything to something like a Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT-2807?

Max clients at once on the network would be 3 doing general surfing and Youtubing,

Dude buy a actual AP if you want wifi speed, some usb dongle off something like that is going to be horrific..

So how much does the little pi get you wired?  And how fast is your isp.. Can that little pi even route that sort say 100mbps down?  Guess it doesn't matter if you only have say 10 down anyway?  Which is why I wonder what your isp speeds are and what your actually seeing with the pi and ipfire.

What wifi do you have?  If all you have is B and G clients??  Do you have any AC, plan on moving to AC - wave 2 is coming so keep that in mind.  If would prob go with the $70 unifi ap, or pro version at 200..