SGS6 vs. HTC One M9

What phone would you rather get  

38 members have voted

1. 1. I will buy the

so after both are released, which phone would you more likely buy? 

i have not followed the launches just read arround a bit and i wonder has samsung finally made the speakers as great sounding as HTC has? 

If i had to choose between the two the HTC One M9 all the way.

I sometimes think HTC Sense is better than stock Android when i see it on my mates phone. I wouldn't buy the S6 purely because i think their Touch Wiz interface is horrid.

Due to only having a 1080p screen i think the battery life could also be better on the M9 compared to the S6.

As long as HTC insists on using that waste of space bar at the bottom I would have to go Samsung, in reality neither as I rather go Nexus 

• Like 2

If I were to choose I'd go for the S6... Edge.

It's more unique and should feel more comfortable and premium, and to me more features.

With the trouble I've had with Samsmug phones, I'll get anything BUT a samsmug

so for the interest of the poll, I'll vote M9

agreed, samsung never again... quality crap control... Been on Lg long since...

As long as HTC insists on using that waste of space bar at the bottom I would have to go Samsung, in reality neither as I rather go Nexus 

Though this is an issue, I prefer this black bar, over samsung horrible quality control/build process... We'll see what the reports for the s6 does. the phone changed, but the people/factory are the same.

LG G3 ftw in bezel ratio... and whenever the G4 gets released.

• Like 1

S6, No microSD card slot, No removable battery... No thanks.... I'll keep my G3 for quite a while.

agreed, samsung never again... quality crap control... Been on Lg long since...

Though this is an issue, I prefer this black bar, over samsung horrible quality control/build process... We'll see what the reports for the s6 does. the phone changed, but the people/factory are the same.

LG G3 ftw in bezel ratio... and whenever the G4 gets released.

I agree :) I've had the Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4 and This is my first LG product. I've been rather happy with it, 6 months in.

Cloud storage and quick charging have nulified having expendable storage and a removal battery for me. I've been using an HTC One M7 as my daily driver for 1.5 years now. The M7 doesn't have either of those features. Not once have I wished it did.

I'm still torn between the M9 and SG6 Edge. I'll have to get them in my hands and play around with them to decide which one replaces my M7

I would go HTC One M9. The M7 was brilliant. 

Cloud storage and quick charging have nulified having expendable storage and a removal battery for me. I've been using an HTC One M7 as my daily driver for 1.5 years now. The M7 doesn't have either of those features. Not once have I wished it did.

I'm still torn between the M9 and SG6 Edge. I'll have to get them in my hands and play around with them to decide which one replaces my M7

Not all of us can afford cloud storage, nor have access to unlimited data. I'd rather pay  $15 for 32gb of microsd ( a one time fee), then a monthly storage fee.

Useful in no signal areas, yeah?

• Like 2

Device as a whole will be useless without signal, it's a non issue

Urm, not really. Taking pics or listening to music can be done without needing any signal, however using cloud storage for taking pics or listening to music is always an issue :p

after reading this i am loosing interest in HTC One M9

i was a huge fan of One X and One M7 (which i still use)  but i am seriously not impressed with HTC's decisions on this new one

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/1/8126431/htc-one-m9-hands-on-preview

"Contextual suggestions appear at just the right time with just the right information," says HTC Creative Labs chief Drew Bamford. But to do that, HTC needs to know where you are and what you are up to at all times, which the company says is data it will try to monetize in order to fund the addition of more of these types of added-value services. I

I still have my S5 for another year.. so neither.. but I have had no issues at all with my S5 so I would probably go with the S6.. but by the time I can get a new phone there will be the next-next generation

Device as a whole will be useless without signal, it's a non issue

My calendar still works without signal.  My media capabilities do too. my programs not using network access do as well.

Useless? Not at all.

Media was the main point.  Offline is useful in more places.

• 2 weeks later...

HTC One M9. I have the One M8, so I'm not interested in the One M9. Sense 7 with Android 5 (what the M9 is coming with) is already on the Verizon One M8 through four developers so far. A fifth one has it built but is waiting for permission from HTC for some reason (has an OEM ever blessed a custom ROM?). Then there's the Google Play Edition. So no, I'm good. I'm basically running an M9 with a lesser camera and 2/3 the RAM.

HTC One M9 pros:

-Looks better, it has its own style, evolved from the 2013 HTC One M7. Doesn't look like an iPhone.

-Slightly better camera

-Less bloaty Android fork with more customization options

-Better sound (dual front-facing speakers using Boomsound and Dolby, possibly Harmon/Kardon again on Sprint)

-microSD slot

-Signal quality (Samsung is dead last when it comes to cell signal quality

• 4 weeks later...

GS 6 would be my choice.

- OLED screen is superior to any LCD display

- better camera overall

- nicer looking imo

Hated touchwiz but this version isn't so bad imo, good features, less bloat and the theme engine will solve the ugly UI/colour scheme.

Only thing that really sucks about it is the speaker.

I am a fan of HTC phones but, I hate the design of the HTC one m7/m8 and m9 and sense just isn't as appealing these days.

I won't be getting either though, nexus devices for me, love stock android and I can't stand waiting months and months for updates, hopefully the next nexus device isn't much, if any bigger than the n5.

HTC. Their "1 year of free accidental" coverage and overall build quality is above Samsung. Also HTC doesn't block you from rooting like Samsung does with Knox. HTC obivoiusly has S-Off but if you turn it off, you don't brick / take your phone out of warranty. With Samsung your instantly out of warranty.

Samsung

S6 Edge is waiting for me at home today.  Played with it at the store and it was the best feeling phone i have every picked up.  I had a s5 and liked it a lot but the build quality was my biggest problem with it and i ended up with a lg g3 which feels far more premium.  My friend who is on my framily plan has the m8 and was thinking about getting the m9 but ended being sold on the s6 edge too

• 3 weeks later...