OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta With Photos App Now Available

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Public Beta With Photos App Now Available

Apple today made a pre-release version of OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 available to those who are signed up for the company's OS X public beta program, giving them early access to the new update and the new Photos for OS X app.

The public beta carries a build number of 14D87p, a slightly later build number than the 14D87h from the second developer beta of the software, released last week.

All registered public beta test members should be able to download OS X Yosemite through the Mac App Store.

Source: Mac Rumours

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get my MBA to download the beta through Updates but, I can't get my iMac to show the updates even though its registered for the beta and the App Store settings show that I'm set to receive pre-release software.  Anyone have any idea whats going on?

• 4 weeks later...

Well as soon as I upgraded to Yosemite I couldn't connect to the Ethernet anymore - it refused to obtain an IP address. Hope its fixed now.

If you are running on a Hack, you may need to reinstall any third-party drivers (such as Ethernet) - it's NOT unique to Yosemite.

Love the new Photos app but the migration from iPhoto has just ruined my night.

I didn't realise use iPhoto because it is rubbish so it was only lightly organised.. Upon launching Photos it asked me if i wanted to use iCloud, which I did.. from here your iPhoto libraries are automatically migrated and uploading begins. I started to organise my library in photos and realised it was starting to conflict as I was deleting photos, so I paused syncing and organised my library which conflicted with whats online so all deleted stuff started appearing again and some of my organised libraries disappeared.

Luckily I kept hold of my iPhoto library so i'll be starting again at a later date.

It won't even let me delete uploaded data as it holds on to it for 30 days.