Massive space-sim 'Elite: Dangerous' coming to Xbox One this summer

umm, no, why is it not he same...

I just went over that, using your own statements in fact. What do you want me to do, make a point by point bullet list.

the only thing missing from making it have more features than old elite games is planet landings, and not all of them had that and isn't really that essential to the "elite" game anyway.

I never said anything about planet landings, you're the one who brought them up. I actually agree that planet landings aren't a key requirement of an Elite game. You're own "player actions should have a bigger effect" statement directly negates your "the ONLY thing missing" statement.

also you can't use the ESO comparison, since that is a vastly different tame set in the same universe.

I can because I'm making the exact same point. That's EXACTLY why I'm using ESO. My point is that ED "is a vasly different game set in the same universe" as Elite I-III just as ESO is for Elder Scrolls.

the biggest complaint about ED is that it is to similar to the old games and outside of graphics don't feel like a modern game.

How would you even know what the biggest complaint is? The biggest complaint you've personally read about you mean? Do you have access to some sort of metrics of every complaint to know which are more common than others? Did Frontier publish something to that effect? I'm not even sure THEY have tracked it all to a level where they could accurately make that claim. You'll have to forgive me if I don't just believe on faith that you possess such information.

In any event that's certainly NOT the argument I'm making so I don't see how it's relevant to our discussion.

I really don't see why it's so hard for you to admit it's possible that someone can enjoy Elite I-III (even now, not just when they come out and then their tastes changed) and not ED. Is that really such a horrible thing? It's not like I'm saying it's complete garbage so those who like it need to come to it's defense. Even though I don't personally like it I've gone to great pains to say it's great that others do and to NOT say the game is overall bad. It's just different from the first III and depending on your personal point of view that may not even be a bad thing.

^ I made my comparison against Elite 1, the Sinclair Spectrum version specifically as I didn't really play 2 or 3 very much for varied reasons. From that respect, ED is virtually a reboot of the first and best version, with only the Thargoids missing so far, and far far better space station docking.

You don't like space truckers, that much is clear, and that's just fine; but don't go telling other people their opinions are wrong just because yours differ. If you're going to take that track, then it's you with the wrong opinions! :p

You don't like space truckers, that much is clear, and that's just fine; but don't go telling other people their opinions are wrong just because yours differ. If you're going to take that track, then it's you with the wrong opinions! :p

Who are you even responding to? That can't be directed at my posts because AT NOT TIME have I EVER told other people their opinions are wrong. In fact I've done the EXACT opposite and every time I've shared my opinion I've noted it as such and specifically made a point to say it's fine that others disagree.

The only people here "telling other people their opinions are wrong just because they differ" is the people telling me my opinion is wrong in that I don't like ED, even though I have actually played and liked all three before it, because the game is the exact same. Or that the only possible explanation is because my tastes have changed.

So why don't you take your own advise and respect the possibility that my opinion may differ as I've been respecting the fact that others may enjoy the game though I do not.

I just went over that, using your own statements in fact. What do you want me to do, make a point by point bullet list.

I never said anything about planet landings, you're the one who brought them up. I actually agree that planet landings aren't a key requirement of an Elite game. You're own "player actions should have a bigger effect" statement directly negates your "the ONLY thing missing" statement.

I can because I'm making the exact same point. That's EXACTLY why I'm using ESO. My point is that ED "is a vasly different game set in the same universe" as Elite I-III just as ESO is for Elder Scrolls.

How would you even know what the biggest complaint is? The biggest complaint you've personally read about you mean? Do you have access to some sort of metrics of every complaint to know which are more common than others? Did Frontier publish something to that effect? I'm not even sure THEY have tracked it all to a level where they could accurately make that claim. You'll have to forgive me if I don't just believe on faith that you possess such information.

In any event that's certainly NOT the argument I'm making so I don't see how it's relevant to our discussion.

I really don't see why it's so hard for you to admit it's possible that someone can enjoy Elite I-III (even now, not just when they come out and then their tastes changed) and not ED. Is that really such a horrible thing? It's not like I'm saying it's complete garbage so those who like it need to come to it's defense. Even though I don't personally like it I've gone to great pains to say it's great that others do and to NOT say the game is overall bad. It's just different from the first III and depending on your personal point of view that may not even be a bad thing.

Source for what the biggest complaint is, you mean like every thread on the official forums, the comments threads on all news articles about the game and so forth ?

and how is it different form the first 3, cause it's not. the only difference is local vs central database.

Anyway, looks like the 1.2 update just pushed out fixed up my complaints about the pirate hunting missions.

I mostly like the game. It ain't great, but it is pretty good.