I miss the themes from the good old msstyles (uxtheme.dll) days

I am curios.  Anyone here using DreamScene wallpapers?  Looped HD video as a wallpaper.

I just came back to it. Because i read here about DreamScene i went for the Linux/KDE equivalent of DreamDesktop. Knowing my hardware now can easily master it on 4 virtual desktops i use this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aouPON2j7bg

I do miss it.. Hell if I was able to make a theme better than MS then its best to assume MS doesnt hire some with too much experience in their visual department lol... mine that I worked on. Longhorn_Fusion_Preview_2_by_Freak180.jp

Yea, I was big into this too.

I feel like with windows 8 theming has become a bit more contrived in how much stuff one has to install to make it look like the screenshot. And I always seems to have issues with the theme patchers.

It's a shame that MS never really allowed more customiztion of their own modern themes like the Classic theme had.

zune4.png

I must be the only one who liked the Zune XP theme released by Microsoft themselves?

Truth be told, my skinning days mostly went in Vista days and I was a huge fan of Longhorn too:

Longhorn_4074_Perfect_Edition_by_kalatul

Nowadays I've just given up on all of that

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Remember spending hours if not days to get that perfect theme with icons and wallpaper! Chaninja, lol that was really back in the old days! Loved that theme

Anyone remember the Windows 98 Revolutions Pack?

BOSrjwK.png

Looking back on it now, amazing what was technically possibnle with 9x.

I remember the time I downloaded a theme editor, and thinking I was this awesome theme editor because I was able to make the default silver theme any color I wanted. I found Neowin right after Microsoft announced XP, and I stayed for the XP themeing.