PS4 Firmware 2.50

Yeah, what's with the inversion?

This is a significant update. I won't be updating immediately; updates this big makes me a little nervous about stability.

• Like 2

Yeah, what's with the inversion?

This is a significant update. I won't be updating immediately; updates this big makes me a little nervous about stability.

It's under accessibility. I assume for those that are colour blind or something?

Or for ****s and giggles? :p

It's under accessibility. I assume for those that are colour blind or something?

Or for ****s and giggles? :p

lol.

Actually, it probably is like a "high contrast" mode. However, if you have trouble distinguishing the home screen how could you hope to really play any games?

lol.

Actually, it probably is like a "high contrast" mode. However, if you have trouble distinguishing the home screen how could you hope to really play any games?

It won't be that hard to patch in so I guess even if it can help a couple of disabled people then it's good news. Lots of gaming charities help out the disabled gamers, it's about time the console manufacturers started patching in these simple changes that can make a massive difference to some (the button remapping is an important one).

This is quite the update coming from Sony.  I wonder how long it's been baking though.

Sony's BIG system updates tend to make me very nervous. 

I'll wait 2-3weeks before updating my PS4.  I'll see if there are any major complaints about breaks to the update. 

U now have my attention keep going.

External HDD support is something I would very much welcome. Even if that's just backing up games for now..

Hopefully there will be full external support, which includes external back and the ability to run games/apps as well.

Wow I seriously thought PS4 had all this already!

Wow I seriously thought PS4 had all this already!

No, not yet at least.  Sony only allows the internal HDD to be swapped out as of right now.  External backup is a great start though.  This is going to bring a lot of "fiddlers" joy if true.  Knowing they can tinker and at least get their PS4 back to the way it was before messing things up.

No, not yet at least.  Sony only allows the internal HDD to be swapped out as of right now.  External backup is a great start though.  This is going to bring a lot of "fiddlers" joy if true.  Knowing they can tinker and at least get their PS4 back to the way it was before messing things up.

Yeah it is a badly needed feature depending on how easy it is to swap out the internal HDD. It's also way more convenient to use external storage.

I think this is probably the biggest update yet.

Considering even when Sony themselves release updates into the wild they sometimes brick your system, I'll wait until it's out of beta.

Yeah, I am not that desperate to see the new features. I won't even install this update until about a week or so after it is officially launched. I'll let y'all be the guinea pigs :p 

It's really hard to brick a PS console ever since Sony gave us the recovery mode with the PS3 (comes with PS4 since launch).

Considering even when Sony themselves release updates into the wild they sometimes brick your system, I'll wait until it's out of beta.

Any piece of hardware has the chance to brick with mandatory firmware updates and user input required.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the more detailed breakdown:

PlayStation 4 v2.50 Update

Features coming to PS4 with

• Like 3

Really glad to see this update arrive. The suspend/resume is the biggest for me, but its all good stuff. I hope it updates smoothly for everyone. I'm cautious, but I think I'll take a chance on updating immediately.

One bit I'm not clear on though. Is the external storage support still limited to backups? As in, I can't use it for live storage of my games,etc? If so, I'm disappointed about that.