Time to Remaster Modern Warfare 2?

It's only been six years, for pete's sake!

I'm very disappointed to see that it's already received 25,000 signatures. If any of those people complain about the state of the gaming industry I'll slap them.

It's only been six years, for pete's sake!

I'm very disappointed to see that it's already received 25,000 signatures. If any of those people complain about the state of the gaming industry I'll slap them.

It's easy to sign a petition, anyone can do it for the sake of it. Spam the link around some gaming forums and you'll get signatures.

There are hundreds of games I'd rather see remastered before any FPS game.

It makes little sense to remaster a FPS game, imo. Resources are better spent on the next iteration and thinking about MCC still pisses me off.

To be fair MW2 is the best one in the COD series in my opinion, but with that being said no COD game deserves or needs a remaster. 

If it'll draw more in sales than it costs to do it, I'm all for it. No, I really want Activision to make this happen. Call of Duty has apparently not hit rock bottom, and it needs to. Guitar Hero hit rock bottom, but Guitar Hero was not meant to succeed after 2, it was meant to cannibalize sales of Rockband. Ultimately Guitar Hero was made strictly to make the music gaming fad sink. And it worked. I don't think Activision is doing that with Call of Duty. I don't think they want to kill the FPS. Just sand down the sharp edges and make it safe for everyone to maximize profit. And I applaud them for succeeding at doing that, even though it doesn't produce a game that I want to play. I just want the next Fallout, and the next Elder Scrolls, and for GTA V to come to PC (and I'm still holding out hope for Red Dead). I'm waiting for Just Cause 3, and the next Saints Row. What Activision does, does not particularly concern me as a gamer, but since they will most likely put out a Guitar Hero to weaken Rockband 4, I'd like to see them take a big gamble with Call of Duty and lose big.

All that being said, is there anything wrong with Modern Warfare 2? I wouldn't bother with Call of Duty, but my wife likes them, and MW2 is the one I got the farthest in. I forget where I put it down out of boredom. I think we were defending Washington DC. I was in a building, and each corner of each floor I had to shoot down attackers. "No Russian" was a great level despite the controversy. I don't mean killing civilians, I mean the shootout with the police after that. And the end of the mission. The level after, going through a war-torn Virginia, was quite memorable. I give Call of Duty credit where it's due, and that part, and parts of the first Modern Warfare, were quite good. But overall, I feel like Call of Duty is like an eight hour Michael Bay movie. It's nice at times, but, ugh.

I would like to see a remaster of the original Medal of Honor series (including Allied Assault) and the first Call of Duty.  Some of my best gaming memories come from playing these two games online.