Sleep 1 hour less Tonight!

Our turn in three weeks' time. I'm glad it happens on a Sunday; I wouldn't like losing an hour of sleep on a university day. :pinch:

wish they'd get rid of the new time mode... sucks getting up and it's still dark and then the day drags on forever.... why can't all the people that want more sun move to freakin arizona instead!!!??

extra sun makes everyone too aggressive and too up in everyone's crap. I hate spring+summer becuase everyone is on edge and harder to deal with. they have more anxiety and act more immature and pissy.

there even was a study done that said in hotter climates there's higher crime rates.

• Like 2

wish they'd get rid of the new time mode... sucks getting up and it's still dark and then the day drags on forever.... why can't all the people that want more sun move to freakin arizona instead!!!??

extra sun makes everyone too aggressive and too up in everyone's crap. I hate spring+summer becuase everyone is on edge and harder to deal with. they have more anxiety and act more immature and pissy.

there even was a study done that said in hotter climates there's higher crime rates.

I would prefer we always be IN DST. Nothing worse than leaving work in the winter and it already being dark.

• Like 2

Bleh, I hate the actual day of spring forward. Also a pain when it's really bright out when I get to work, but feels really late when I come home.

Our turn in three weeks' time. I'm glad it happens on a Sunday; I wouldn't like losing an hour of sleep on a university day. :pinch:

Thank ****.

I seen this thread title and thought ah crap here we go again.

• Like 1

I would prefer we always be IN DST. Nothing worse than leaving work in the winter and it already being dark.

boo to the time change.... who needs an hour longer of crappy daytime? ewwww. all it does is make the day drag on longer, people go to work feeling like it's too early, they stay grumpier thu the day, and they have to go to bed when it's still light out, thus not getting good sleep!! what the hell is the point? who wants more sun can move to arizona or new mexico! ugh

live in a non-touristy realistic area and you will see the majority of people think summer is a pain and they hate it, they hate the bugs, the loudness, the cooling expenses, the thunderstorms, and higher gas prices.

if it was summer all teh time imagine never being able to shower or sleep.... you feel very crappy after a while....

the only people that want it like that is tourism people and yuppies that are in thier 20s and still sleep with a nitelite and are still afriad of boogeyman.

I just love it when the sun sets 11 pm and rises again just after 4 am. On the contrary I feel like shiet in winter when we have only a couple of hours of sun and only if it's not cloudy (depressing fact: it's cloudy most of the winter).

You ARE always in DST. This is its purpose. If you didn't switch, you would NEVER have the savings. That's the point.

I work nights. Daylight saving time's biggest impact on me is that tonight I work an 11 hour shift, and it'll be a 13 hour shift in the Fall. Oh, and I have to change all the clocks because I'm both the tall man who can reach the analog clocks or I'm the young man who can set the confusing microwave clocks. So that's fun. I get the same amount of sleep, 12 hours, before my next shift.

I saw a meme on Facebook that said something like, "The hour I lost sleeping because of Daylight saving time is the hour I was going to go to the gym." Yeah, like your gym is open at 2am, and, oops, 2am became 3am so, there goes gym time. Ironically, I'm joining a gym tomorrow and while they aren't open at 2am on a Sunday morning, they are open 24 hours during the week. Kind of backwards, but great for me as a graveyard shift worker.

I wish we'd do away with it, too, not because it personally inconveniences me (it really doesn't) but because the reasons for it no longer hold up. I'm no expert on agriculture, but I'm pretty sure farmers no longer need the federal government to decree the time is an hour off for six months and change out of the year, I'm pretty sure by now they can just farm when they need to, and the markets can adjust accordingly. I know, I'm oversimplifying it, but come on, it's the 21st century, even farmers have cell phones and smartphones now. The Internet may not have quite reached the proverbial "Last Mile" but it's close. As much as I clown on T-Mobile for only working in, like, two major cities, there are areas where even T-Mobile covers some farmland. And if you have Verizon, you pretty much have coverage everywhere... but then again, you also have Verizon. Still, we're all connected now, we don't need Daylight saving time.

Hate this, but at least daylight will be around a little longer during the day now.

Why am I even posting this comment at this time? I probably should be trying to get as much sleep as I can :p

This year I get to deal with this in 3 weeks instead of now.

I always liked it being brighter for longer so bring it on!

oh well only had to bring the microwave and my stove up to speed.

laptop desktop tablet phone tv and pvr are all auto. will check other devices. lol

I work nights. Daylight saving time's biggest impact on me is that tonight I work an 11 hour shift, and it'll be a 13 hour shift in the Fall. Oh, and I have to change all the clocks because I'm both the tall man who can reach the analog clocks or I'm the young man who can set the confusing microwave clocks. So that's fun. I get the same amount of sleep, 12 hours, before my next shift.

You sleep 12 hours a day?  :|

You ARE always in DST. This is its purpose. If you didn't switch, you would NEVER have the savings. That's the point.

Actually, everyone is always in GMT.

Greenwich in the UK IS the centre of time so we can decide what it's called!

Hate this, but at least daylight will be around a little longer during the day now.

No, the daylight is around the same amount of time, we're just tricking our minds by changing the time. There's still the same amount of daylight each day.

Actually, everyone is always in GMT.

Greenwich in the UK IS the centre of time so we can decide what it's called!

sorry, I actually 100% worded it wrongly but was too late to edit. I meant that we are always technically in a daylight savings mode but we only called 6 months of it DST since its labeled as such. Even not being in what we call DST is still a daylight saving mode since we shift our clocks back to account for the sunlight hours.

Thank ****.

I seen this thread title and thought ah crap here we go again.

Yeah it had me for a second! :p

Don;t think i could lose the hours light in the evening. Scotland IS NOT the lightest place in the winter!

We tried Day light savings once here on the island in 2006, it was a big disaster since only have the population joined in.

Now we just don't chance the time anymore, we have 12h of sun pretty much all year round anyway :0

Eh, I prefer the daylight, if but only for the fact that I can distinguish cop cars much more accurately.

I spend about an hour on the road every day after all.