Apple Media Event 09.03.2015 Discussion

68 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect Apple to annouce at the 09.03.2015 media event?

• Apple Watch
    • iOS 8.2 release
    • iOS 8.3 public beta release
    • OS X 10.10.3 (with Photos.app) release
    • 12" retina MacBook Air
    • Refresh of the existing MacBook Air models
    • MacBook Pro refresh
    • iPad/iPad Mini refresh
    • iCloud storage pricing adjustments
    • Other software updates
    • One more thing: (specify below)

apple_event_spring_forward.jpg

The time for another Apple media event has come. What are they going to announce today, apart from the Apple Watch?

I'm expecting refreshes of the laptops, though no retina MacBook Air yet. iOS 8.2 public release, OS X 10.10.3 public release, iOS 8.3 public beta.

The event will be streamed on http://www.apple.com/live/ it starts at 10:00 PDT (17:00 GMT, 18:00 CET).

I really wish we would see a refreshed Apple TV while are there today but I don't see that coming.

Guess I will watch it on TWiT as I won't be able to view the live stream directly.

It'll be up later if you don't want to watch it live

I really wish we would see a refreshed Apple TV while are there today but I don't see that coming.

Same! But I'm quite happy with the "like new" apple tv 3 i picked up for basically free. My ATV2 was handed down to the parents

The watch, MacBooks (significant for Air as I just bought one :laugh: , incremental for Pros) and incremental OS upgrades get my vote.

The new 12" retina MacBook looks quite impressive.

I agree, that thing is beautiful!

I also like Apple Watch's features they presented, but I really don't like the Apple Watch, it's really ugly...

Liking the fact we have a Space Gray Macbook now, really love that colour. The neat little improvements to things like the keyboard is what gets me though, how they manage to think of things like that is astounding. As much as I'm sure it's a great keyboard, there's something about mechanical keyboards for me. :p

Also the watch is as I predicted, pretty pricey especially for what I would want. I won't be buying on the basis my current watch has sentimental value and I have no need for a Smartwatch. Plus I don't have

Liking the fact we have a Space Gray Macbook now, really love that colour. The neat little improvements to things like the keyboard is what gets me though, how they manage to think of things like that is astounding. As much as I'm sure it's a great keyboard, there's something about mechanical keyboards for me. :p

Also the watch is as I predicted, pretty pricey especially for what I would want. I won't be buying on the basis my current watch has sentimental value and I have no need for a Smartwatch. Plus I don't have

when i saw 559  i thought they were crazy.    then i realized it is in pounds not in dollars.   that is insanely expensive.  

The cheapest in GBP is

Not really impressed with the way they designed the watch.  Expected more out of Apple design wise.  Just another boring square like a lot of Android watches.  Still think the Moto 360 and Huawei are the best looking watches.  And the circle clock with the square shape watch just looks off.

Not at all interested in the Apple Watch, I haven't worn a watch since I've owned a smartphone and I don't expect to start wearing one now. This product will probably appeal to many people, which is great, but it's not for me. And that $10,000 price point for the high-end model is pretty crazy. But again, different strokes for different folks. I'm sure people with lots of disposable income will be glad it exists.

Rather, I'm much more interested in the new 12'' MacBook. I was a big fan of the 11'' Air and regretted selling it, and was planning on getting another one, but this might convince me. Slightly larger footprint overall, but thinner, a revamped keyboard and a nice color option in Space Gray. A little bit more money than I wanted to spend, but I'm really tempted right now.

Also like the Apple TV price drop. Might pick one up now.

I'm worried about how underpowered the macbook is going to be.

The CoreM and its 5300 GPU are not as robust and have a focus on power savings vs performance. The 5K retina iMac has stuttering problems with lots of windows in Mission Control I fear the same fate of the Macbook. OS X needs to perform buttery smooth. 

• Like 1