Need a louder computer mic

these are what I use they get plenty loud usually my micrphones die in a ball of static or go out in a whisper

Im very rough with them so I stopped buying fancy ones I bought a dozen of these 2 years ago and have 8 left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-PC-Notebook-Laptop-Black-3-5mm-Hands-Free-Clip-On-Mini-Lapel-Mic-Microphone-/181641672891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a4aaff8bb

I've used it on TeamSpeak etc well enough. Like all hardware, there are crappy versions, useful versions, and overpriced versions. I don't have the experience with different brands.

I just bought an Audio Technica AT2020 mic like the one here http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-Cardioid-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B0006H92QK

It's well built and sound quality is great.

wow - way to totally not help the OP

OP:   How is the gaming sound on cans like that ?  I always wondered if getting some good quality stuff for gaming would be smart or if it was 2 totally different types of sound

I use a Logitech USB webcam with a built-in mic. It might not sound attractive at first, but the sound is clear and it's designed to not be pushed into your face, and it costs $20 or so.

wow - way to totally not help the OP

OP:   How is the gaming sound on cans like that ?  I always wondered if getting some good quality stuff for gaming would be smart or if it was 2 totally different types of sound

He wanted a quality mic didn't he?

Have you tried turning up the gains for your mic on the computer system?  They can get very sensitive if adjusted properly.  Also you shouldn't stand feet away from the mic (although they can pick up most sound in a large room if the gains are all the way up).  Even crappy notebook microphones pick up a lot when gains are adjusted properly.  

Open up control panel, go to hardware and sound, go to sound, go to recording tab, click properties on microphone array (or whatever you are plugged into), go to levels tab, microphone boost (keep bringing it up to the point where you want it).  You can alos set the microphone array in there.  Play around with the settings until you get the sound you want.

Have you tried turning up the gains for your mic on the computer system?  They can get very sensitive if adjusted properly.  Also you shouldn't stand feet away from the mic (although they can pick up most sound in a large room if the gains are all the way up).  Even crappy notebook microphones pick up a lot when gains are adjusted properly.  

Open up control panel, go to hardware and sound, go to sound, go to recording tab, click properties on microphone array (or whatever you are plugged into), go to levels tab, microphone boost (keep bringing it up to the point where you want it).  You can alos set the microphone array in there.  Play around with the settings until you get the sound you want.

Yes I tried this but thanks.

I highly doubt it's the hardware that's the issue in this case, unless it's an old and cheap mic you should not be having issues