Using Office on 7 inch

I wanted to know if people use office on a 7 inch tablet? I got office free for 1 year but debating on using it cause the screen seems small and taking up about 2 GBs of data on my hard drive. Should I keep or uninstall it. I'm not really a Office user but having it on table could be helpful if someone sends me a email with a doc attachment. What are your thoughts on having office on a small tablet?

Microsoft Office is awesome on 7 inch tablets!

I am typing my 5-pages lab report right now on an HP Stream 7 using the touch keyboard!

Okay, I am joking. If you don't need it, you can uninstall it and view Office files with Office Web Apps.

I've used Office on a small tablet. If paired with a Bluetooth keyboard, you can type documents. Otherwise, I just mostly use it for opening quick documents from my email. 

If you have a Bluetooth or USB keyboard to use with Office, it could be handy on a portable device like that. Or for viewing attachments and making small edits with the touch keyboard.

I wouldn't uninstall it unless you're short on space. Connell's Law states that you'll need Office for something 2 days after you remove it. :laugh:

I also got a free Microsoft Office for 1 year on my tablet but have not installed it yet but I will active it because of the 1 year 1tb onedrive storage. I'm not completely sure if you can still do this with Microsoft Office but i think you can keep Microsoft Word or apps you mostly use and just remove everything else to lower the storage usage or updates. Anyone know if this is possible?

I also got a free Microsoft Office for 1 year on my tablet but have not installed it yet but I will active it because of the 1 year 1tb onedrive storage. I'm not completely sure if you can still do this with Microsoft Office but i think you can keep Microsoft Word or apps you mostly use and just remove everything else to lower the storage usage or updates. Anyone know if this is possible?

Install it in your main pc, you may need to use it.

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx

Most (if not all) Office applications run full-screen by default - so far, the exception has been the "for touch" Office variation (which is just as usable without touch, by the by) - and it's been the case since Office 95, if not Office 4.2.  In other words, does Office need the desktop at all - in fact, has it ever needed it?

If you run your Office applications at the default settings, why would WHAT you use it on even matter?

That determination is more on hardware-capabilities; not the OS.  And in terms of Android/iOS/OS X (any OR all), I would think that the "sticking points" would be Excel and MAYBE Access - not Outlook, and certainly not Word.

You'd certainly have to scroll MORE on a smaller (by screen size) device - however, that is generally going to be the biggest issue.  And the OS has no control over that.

Depends on which plan you use.

If you have Home plan, you can install up to 5 devices.

If you have Personal plan, you install on 1 device.

Compare plans here: https://products.office.com/en-us/compare-microsoft-office-products

Ok I got Office 365 Personal plan, Thanks for the link you provided but I'm a little confuse about the comparison chart. the charts shows 1 PC or Mac and after that it shows 1 tablets and 1 phones does that mean if i have the Office 365 Personal installed in tablet I can install Office 365 Personal in a desktop pc or is My Office 365 Personal only for my tablets? 

You install full office on desktop.

You can install tablet/phone.   You can try and see if the installation is successful.  If not, it will tell you that your install limit has been used. You can not install anymore unless you uninstall office on old device in order to install office on other device.

You install full office on desktop.

You can install tablet/phone.   You can try and see if the installation is successful.  If not, it will tell you that your install limit has been used. You can not install anymore unless you uninstall office on old device in order to install office on other device.

Ok thanks

What are you trying to say? are you saying I can install Microsoft office in other computer too.

Yes. you can install it in 1 pc, 1 mac, 1 tablet.