Yet Another Xbox One Game Isn't Working Properly

Yet Another Xbox One Game Isn't Working Properly
Yannick LeJacq

ygtp77egmwqb4lkt1wsl.png

Ori and the Blind Forest is a very pretty game. It's a lot of fun, too! Unfortunately, thanks to a few irritating performance issues, some Xbox One players have had trouble soaking up its beautiful scenery and controller-chucking levels of platforming tension since the indie game launched earlier this week.

Since Ori and the Blind Forest is a small indie title that only just launched, its more difficult than usual to assess the true extent of its performance issues. But reports from players have already started to trickle out on numerous Reddit threads (mostly on the Xbox One subreddit) and other popular gamer haunts like GameFAQs highlighting two specific problems they've run into on the Xbox One

Working awesome here, none of the problems listed above by those select people. But it is a controller throwing game at times...only cuz I suck. But my god is the game awesome.

Yet another clickbait headline

I hope you mean from the source.  As I'm sure you know we're supposed to keep the source's headline but I thought it was worthwhile for anyone that has the game (or is thinking about it) to know about any issues with it.

I hope you mean from the source.  As I'm sure you know we're supposed to keep the source's headline but I thought it was worthwhile for anyone that has the game (or is thinking about it) to know about any issues with it.

Yeah I meant the source, I wasn't talking about you. You are fine, game on.

I am going to get this game after I finish Dragon Age so if there actually are any issues I'm sure they'll be patched by then.

(Y)  Well, it seems sometimes some posters will pick a particularly inflammatory headline to post here but it was the only source I found.

The fact that the reviewer kept his "Yes" verdict even after openly admitting that the game's performance and stability problems were bad enough that he had to reinstall the game in order to get it working again, renders Kotaku even more irrelevant than I thought they were.

This is the epitome of why reviewers and reviews in the game industry are awful.

Works fine for me too.

Also what the hell with that click bait title from the source? I feel sorry for Ironman having to post that.

Well, for what it's worth there's an update at the source (but still the same headline :p )

UPDATE (6:05 pm): A Microsoft representative got back to us to say that they're aware of the display issues with Ori and the Blind Forest and are planning to address them with a patch in the future. Full statement below:

We have identified a conflict between 'Ori and the Blind Forest' and the Xbox One's 'instant on' feature. We are working to resolve the conflict in an upcoming update. In the meantime, we recommend players fully quit out of the game and restart, rather than resuming their game quickly. There is no need to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Great to see MS taking action on this. And what is up with that headline? Are Kotaku really that desperate for clicks? I've held them in high esteem for some time now, but this is not really the way to go about doing business.

XorpiZ, on 12 Mar 2015 - 08:49, said:

Great to see MS taking action on this. And what is up with that headline? Are Kotaku really that desperate for clicks? I've held them in high esteem for some time now, but this is not really the way to go about doing business.

They pulled the same crap with The Order with click bait headlines. I think they have lost a lot of readership so maybe this is there way to get it back.

They pulled the same crap with The Order with click bait headlines. I think they have lost a lot of readership so maybe this is there way to get it back.

Sorta like peeing in your pants to keep warm. I think most people grow tired of click-bait headlines :-)

Well, for what it's worth there's an update at the source (but still the same headline :p )

UPDATE (6:05 pm): A Microsoft representative got back to us to say that they're aware of the display issues with Ori and the Blind Forest and are planning to address them with a patch in the future. Full statement below:

Not sure why people are trying to discredit the kotaku article when Microsoft confirmed they were aware of the issues with the game and are working on a patch. So it does seem to have a few known bugs.

Not sure why people are trying to discredit the kotaku article when Microsoft confirmed they were aware of the issues with the game and are working on a patch. So it does seem to have a few known bugs.

Because the headline makes it sound like another halo, which it isn't, or that game issues are solely present on Xbox, which they aren't. Not surprising you don't get the difference though :rolleyes:

Because the headline makes it sound like another halo, which it isn't, or that game issues are solely present on Xbox, which they aren't. Not surprising you don't get the difference though :rolleyes:

Because Halo had many issues and because this is another Xbox console exclusive like Halo.. So yet another xbox one game isn't working properly?

Oh snap that's the headline.. 

Interesting how so many people posted here telling us how the game works flawlessly and how Kotaku are click baiting, clueless haters though.

Kotaku is part of Gawker, ALL Gawker "Media" sites bank on open biases and click bait headlines, generally avoid all but 1-2 of their sites and sub sites, the company as a whole seem to all be trolls 

Indeed, no surprise. Kotaku is nothing but a click bait site and their viewership numbers have dropped dramatically.