Is it wrong to lock this topic because people talking about it makes me want it and I just have the time for this game :(

• Like 3

Is it wrong to lock this topic because people talking about it makes me want it and I just have the time for this game :(

Yes. Go buy the game already.

• Like 2

I'm liking the game so far, but I think road / train tunnels are missing :*(

The developer said that tunnels are coming., keep in mind this was developed by I think a team of 9 or 10 people. They have stated  They will be updated the game a lot based on customers feedback. Plus this game is FULLY modable. So if the devs don't do it mods will.

Earthworm jimmy. Traffic isn't that bad. I am on my first city with no traffic problems. Traffic is not as bad as SimCity 2013 . I think the bad traffic comes in if you start doing some of those crazy freeform roads . My first city is all grids and I don't have traffic problems.

I just went and took a look. I shouldn't have done that, because now I want to play it but I don't have a machine that can run it. :(

There are no disasters? That's a bit of a shame, hopefully they'll consider putting them in in a future update.

You can make your own,  kinda.  I built a hydro dam and flooded a part of my city by redirecting a river.  

Bus stop routes, I had issues with.  It kept saying it wasn't complete even though it looked like it.  

The developer said that tunnels are coming., keep in mind this was developed by I think a team of 9 or 10 people. They have stated  They will be updated the game a lot based on customers feedback. Plus this game is FULLY modable. So if the devs don't do it mods will.

Exactly. Look at r/CitiesSkylines or the official forum - the developers are listening and actively working on fixing bugs and adding new features.

That said, the game as it was released is complete, not overly buggy, and it runs on Windows/OS X/Linux. You don't see that very often these days, and Colossal Order deserve praise for it. 

• Like 3

As a big Sim City fan I can remember sinking lots of hours into Sim City 4 and prior, trying to listen to advisers, improve the design of the cities and even considering making a city journal. The new one is nice in some ways, but way too limiting. 

I'm just curious: can one create a city using just railroads in Cities: Skylines? I remember doing that in Sim City 3000 (or was it 3k Unlimited?). :)

I've sunk 9 hours into it so far - and going to bed at 5am when you have work the "next" day isn't very pleasant. It's really nice, very polished. I haven't noticed any major bugs yet, although it seems too easy. My city is still small though, and very grid like. The bus routes are pretty cool, they seem like the sort of thing you could easily spend all night tweaking. I wish there were more bridge models to choose from, and I really despise how so the sewage and garbage create so much pollution. Oh, and I'm not a fan of how the roads can't be laid ontop of other roads and you need to "break" at every intersection...

Very nice though, and at $30, a steel. Way better than Sim City 2013.

As a big Sim City fan I can remember sinking lots of hours into Sim City 4 and prior, trying to listen to advisers, improve the design of the cities and even considering making a city journal. The new one is nice in some ways, but way too limiting. 

I'm just curious: can one create a city using just railroads in Cities: Skylines? I remember doing that in Sim City 3000 (or was it 3k Unlimited?). :)

Train stations have to connect to roads, so you'll need at least some dirt paths :p

Man I'm loving the heck of out this game.  Like some others, traffic was an issue for me as well but in the end it was my fault for not planning well and future proofing my city when I decided to upgrade some of my districts.  What I also found myself doing in this game, and maybe because it's new and fascinating to me right now, is I'm bulding my cities out slowly and then zoom in and watch all the new buildings pop up.

Also has anyone else tried the first person camera mod and looked around their city,  I just tried it and man it was pretty cool.   It's as close as streets of simcity as I have seen in a long time.

Damn it you guys! I've got several project deadlines, and now all i want to do is play this.

Is it worth just giving up sleep for a month?

Damn it you guys! I've got several project deadlines, and now all i want to do is play this.

Is it worth just giving up sleep for a month?

Yes! For sure! Do it!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cities: Skylines breaks Paradox' day-one sales records

City-building sim Cities: Skylines has become Paradox' most successful game launch, selling 250,000 copies in its first 24 hours. The number

I couldn't seemingly go anywhere on the internet without hearing about this game.... So I bought it lol, plan to play it tonight.

I may even make a snack, wrap myself in a blanket, turn down the lights and escape for 6 - 12 hours. This is going to be a nice weekend.

• Like 3

wow! I'd like to see the traffic simulation to that.

oh and FTFY :p

The comments on that subreddit

Coming to this sub is like watching a guy with a 13'' penis before you have sex

It makes you feel inferior

:laugh:

• Like 1

enjoying it so far, but i wish i could right click to disable/cancel out a tool. like if im making a road i have to relicck on the road icon to disable the tool. right clicking would be so much more intuitive.

I'm sure this will be added.

only annoyance so far. loving it otherwise.

enjoying it so far, but i wish i could right click to disable/cancel out a tool. like if im making a road i have to relicck on the road icon to disable the tool. right clicking would be so much more intuitive.

I'm sure this will be added.

only annoyance so far. loving it otherwise.

Press ESC

Is it possible to focus on creating nothing but a small town or lightly populated suburban area? How much freedom do you have to create your own "type" of "city"? Does every level/challenge always end up with you creating massive skyscrapers in highly populated downtown New York City-like areas?

How is the performance and graphics settings?