European Outlets

I just moved to Europe, haven't got my house items yet. I'm just wondering do I need a power converter for each appliance or will the US to EU adapters work just fine?

I'm going to assume I should use a power converter for when I want to hook up a power strip, other than that if my US plug says it can handle 240v then I should be fine using just the adapter?

Adapters should be fine

AC mains power is usually 220-240 Watt 50htz UK/EU

And yes, you'll need a power converter for any power bricks that don't have a switchable setting.

As you've mentioned the possibility that you have one that does, so that one, set correctly, should be fine.

• 1 month later...

Due to already destroying my battery tender for my motorcycle, I'm extremely nervous about plugging my TV / Xbox One / Sound bar.

Is this enough wattage to connect the electronics above? I will plug in a power strip into the converter and then plug the electronics into the power strip.

http://www.amazon.com/Rockstone-Power-Voltage-Transformer-Converter/dp/B00CLYFNU0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430107768&sr=1-2

Might be more than needed but I just want to be safe as possible so I don't waste $1500, $500 and my future soundbar.

depending on the EU country, normaly the power is the double of the US (220v~240v vs 110v); with a power converter i would start to plug the non expensive stuff in it before the expensive ones.

Usually electronics I have bought have a reading on either in the charger or next to the plug where the power cord goes which states "INPUT: 100-240 V~1.5 A 50-60 Hz" or something similar. I think this is information that they are required to print on the product in EU, not sure  if that is the case in US.

If it has a range like this (that covers both 110 V and 220-240 V), you are fine with only an adapter. Otherwise you will need a conventer unless there is a switch for input voltage.

depending on the EU country, normaly the power is the double of the US (220v~240v vs 110v); with a power converter i would start to plug the non expensive stuff in it before the expensive ones.

I was under the impression this will convert 220-240v to 110v. But of course, I'd test the waters.

Usually electronics I have bought have a reading on either in the charger or next to the plug where the power cord goes which states "INPUT: 100-240 V~1.5 A 50-60 Hz" or something similar. I think this is information that they are required to print on the product in EU, not sure  if that is the case in US.

If it has a range like this (that covers both 110 V and 220-240 V), you are fine with only an adapter. Otherwise you will need a conventer unless there is a switch for input voltage.

My battery tender said it could handle I believe 220v and I plugged it in with just an adapter, it worked and like 10 seconds it fried.

I just want to make sure what I'm looking at is correct. I do have a 100w power converter but the fuse already blew on it.

Edit: According to this site:

http://www.adaptelec.com/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&products_id=299

What I linked above in my previous post is what I need?

I was under the impression this will convert 220-240v to 110v. But of course, I'd test the waters.

yes it will, but like any converter procced with caution.

btw: where did you go?