Transferring from DSLR to Windows, "Data supplied is of wrong type."

I am trying to copy files from my Nikon D3100's memory card to my PC's (Windows 10 TP) hard drive but I get, "Data supplied is of wrong type."

post-645-0-63377000-1426191306.png

Any ideas?

What are you using to transfer the photos, or are you connecting the memory unit directly as external storage?

Connected the camera to the PC via. USB and just using Explorer.

Never used to have issues (although I haven't transferred files from it since around January).

Try this:

Unplug USB from pc to camera

Restart PC

Then try again and see if you are able to transfer the photos

If you have problem after restart, then you might want to try on other PC and see.

I can't restart just yet but for the time being, I plugged the memory card into my parent's Windows 7 laptop and did it that way, worked fine.

Transferring them back to my PC via. TeamViewer :yes:

Just tried to move files from my Galaxy S5 to the PC, same error message. I'm wondering if it's a Windows 10 TP issue.

EDIT: Restarting Windows didn't help. I also tried moving the files to a different drive with different permissions (just in case it was that), but same problem.

Let me test on mine since I got 10 installed.

I will update this post as soon as I get on that pc...

Update:

The card reader isn't working.. I noticed the device manager.. I tried to remove it and re-install the drivers..   it is not showing the card drive in my explorer.

Oh well..  It works on my 8.1 and Windows 7.

It might be your Windows 10 issue..    I might get iMac later this week and see how it goes.

That's usually caused by a driver problem so it's possible the current TP has something wrong with the USB drivers that wasn't fixed with the keyboard lights issue. (I've gotten that error before trying to restore stuff from a USB HD that was in a very old enclosure.)

That's usually caused by a driver problem so it's possible the current TP has something wrong with the USB drivers that wasn't fixed with the keyboard lights issue. (I've gotten that error before trying to restore stuff from a USB HD that was in a very old enclosure.)

Yeah, I'm putting it down to a Windows 10 TP driver issue (Y)

• 3 months later...

Just tried to move files from my Galaxy S5 to the PC, same error message. I'm wondering if it's a Windows 10 TP issue.

EDIT: Restarting Windows didn't help. I also tried moving the files to a different drive with different permissions (just in case it was that), but same problem.

I have same case. The error message appeared when I was trying to move photos from the internal memory Galaxy S5 to Windows 10 TP hard drive

Galaxy S5 International (SM-G900H)

Windows 10 TP 10130

Yeah, I'm putting it down to a Windows 10 TP driver issue (Y)

I have checked the Windows 10 TP driver. I have disabled Samsung USB Driver and reenabled

but the problem didn't fix

• 6 months later...

Hi guys.

I had the same problem with Samsung Galaxy S5 and Windows 10. It only worked when I removed stuff from Dumpster, my phone's recycling bin. Whenever I moved files from my phone to the computer using "Cut" rather than "Copy" it would act like a delete on my phone, and the files moved would show up on my recycling bin on the phone. When I deleted 309MB or whatever from the Dumpster recycling bin and retried moving the files using "Cut", it worked!!!