Server 2012 R2 install on ESXI 5.5

I don't understand why they don't just post md5 of anything they put up.. Just plain easy 2 second thing to do so people can validate what they have, etc.

I don't understand why they don't just post md5 of anything they put up.. Just plain easy 2 second thing to do so people can validate what they have, etc.

I agree. I believe they use to do this with tech net stuff but I can't remember if thats correct

yeah technet and msdn always had hashes available.

So your good with that file right, I can pull it down.  BTW what speed did you get pulling it down from that server, normally I max out my download pipe at about 7MBps..  Did you get decent speeds?

25% in or so on this large file showing 7.1MBps -- can not complain when you pay for 50mbps down from your isp..  Which that is more than ;)

post-14624-0-10335900-1427284977.png

So curious what you were seeing from that server..

^ exactly why they don't provide it for their trials is odd.  I would think any large file you put up for download, provide the hash so users can verify if they got valid copy, etc.  It doesn't prove that the file is not garbage or has not been tampered with, normally someone going to replace the file with something bad for example could just change the hash posted as well.  But if you get those numbers from different places it can provide a bit of validity that the file you grabbed was good and how the maker of the file intended it to be.

It still could be junk and not work, but you know your download is same as what they produced.

You can just use the download manager Microsoft provides to download the file, wouldn't surprise me that it automatically runs a checksum. I've never downloaded a broken file from there.