Force English language on websites

I'm currently using Chrome, and trying to force English languages on websites that automatically select the country I'm located in, which is making shopping online frustrating. Is there a way I can force the English language on them so I can get the USD amount, instead of EUR?

the language has nothing to do with the currency, currency would be based on your location or the site's currency setup

Okay, well how can I force the currency change?

I dont think you can, What if the website only deals in one currency or only ships to one place. You may display it in your local currency but you wouldn't be able to buy anything. 

Having designed many eCommerce sites - the "default" currency for a new visitor was set as GBP unless they were from an array of countries that we had predefined, whereby we would show a popup offering to switch to (USD, YEN, CAD or EUR).  So you had your 5 available currencies.  If you chose to push to another currency either via the popup or via the drop down option, this worked by an AJAX call or POST variable to update your session variable, and if logged-in then your user information in database.

I wrote this, I used my own variable names when dealing with sessions and POST variables, as will every other developer out there.  How do you think you can accommodate for every developers whimsical choice of variables?