PDF do not open inside IE11 in Windows 7

Question

I have tried everything and still can get the darn thing to work.

I have noticed that IE11 has some issues on windows 7 from time to time. Is there anything I can do to get PDF to open in IE11?

5 answers to this question

I don't know, at the risk of asking a silly question, do you have adobe flash player installed?

Might help.

I use ie11 on win 7 64bit. So I would make one suggestion, the pdf, if it's an online download, try right clicking it to open in a new tab, as this is how I view online manuals in pdf form. If this enables viewing for you, then at the very least, it'll be a start..

For offline, you can right click the pdf and select open in ie, but most likely, you will encounter a security pop up, and will have to allow the content.

(Adobe reader might be another option, and it's free)

I did not think of Foxit. This is not for me it is for a customer of mine and every solution tried had failed. He does have flash player and he does have Adobe Reader. With that installed it should allow the browser to open the PDF automatically and not use the reader directly.

In the past it would work fine but then one day it stopped. I myself am on Win 7 Pro 64-Bit and use IE11 and sometimes there are quirks.

I find IE on Win10 some PDF will open in the browser and others open external, even different PDF's from the same site will do that, and there's little rhyme or reason to it I can find.

Make sure the addon/plugin is enabled in IE11.  Also, Adobe Reader used to have an option in older versions that you must load reader, go in to preferences, and check open PDF in browser.  In new reader versions, this is no longer and option.  Disabling the plugin in IE will open the PDF reader in the actual program and making sure the plugin is enabled, will open it in the browser.