Intel: XP users causing weak sales

Windows 8x hasn't helped.  Ironically its market share (per Netmarketshare) has decreased from 18.6% in November '14 to 14.07% in March.  However, statcounter shows an increase of 8x...but since November that percentage is less than 1% (to 11.83).  

I think Intel should blame XP and 8x.  XP for its longevity and 8x ... well because it has now (for the most part) been swept under the fail rug.

"no desire to ever change."

Some companies can not or does not want to upgrade to follow trends. The other day I was buying some auto parts from a big local company, I noted Windows 98 on their POS. I asked about it and the employe told me "they try to change the platform 3 times now, nobody could". If its work, use it.

That is just one way to get to the option in Windows 8.1. I believe that you deliberately chose one of the longest routes to suit your agenda; I can find at least one example where Windows XP requires that many clicks / menus: Start menu -> Control Panel -> Power Options.

With Windows 8.1, one can just use instant search to location the option from the Start screen. This is simply not possible with the Windows XP Start menu.

They tried with XP - Windows Search 3.0 was included with Service Pack 2, and Windows Search 4.0 was a post-SP3 update to that.  However (and this is critical) neither one worked for internal searches - despite (supposedly) tying into Microsoft Index Server (which has been part of Windows - client as well as server branches - since Windows 2000).

Except it's not. Productivity is almost non existent on XP, and is a relic of last decade.

haha!! 90% of PCs at my company running production lines run XP

• Like 2

Who knows what people of today will choose [ pick up ] if their options would be Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu [ latest version so far ] .

I know what they -won't- choose.  Hint, it begins with a vowel.

I know what they -won't- choose.  Hint, it begins with a vowel.

Hehe , I saw what you did there .

Why care?  It is not your system, thus it is not your problem.  :)

Well said .