I've made a mockup of Windows 10 with Aero Glass

it looks  nice to me  

i liked aero glass. the first and last microsoft theme that i did not feel like customizing at all.

• Like 3

Notification area:

windows_10_notification_area__mockup__by

I'm still learning how to do mockups. Sorry.

I think that action buttons should be in a single row. And to show all of them, just swipe to the left.

• Like 3

Don't the rounded toggles in the new UI?

Rounded toggles don't bother me as much as rounded window corners. They still perfectly align with the design.

Window corners should never be rounded, at risk of creating eye sores such as this:

post-420821-0-80630600-1426456590.png

and this:

post-420821-0-67324500-1426456603.png

• Like 3

Notification area:

windows_10_notification_area__mockup__by

I'm still learning how to do mockups. Sorry.

I think that action buttons should be in a single row. And to show all of them, just swipe to the left.

That notification center is gorgeous!

But I am not sure how I feel about your proposal for the action buttons. How would mouse users, well, use this?

• Like 2

I think it's excessive use of transparency.

You can use transparency as a means to organize, classify, or highlight certain elements of content. When it's used for these specific purposes (like how you might use bold text to highlight something in a paragraph, or a larger font size for section titles in a document), it's actually a useful component of the interface. You lose this utility when the transparency is applied broadly, simply as a background for content in general.

Maybe some portion of users will like it because it's pretty, or it provides some intangible form of "good vibes". However, it's something that has potential utility to make the interface more informative, and applying transparency without considering specific reasons for doing so is pretty much just taking that potential and throwing it into the trash.

Rounded toggles don't bother me as much as rounded window corners. They still perfectly align with the design.

Dot, I feel that rounded toggles are inconsistent with the rest of the UI. I loved the rectangular toggles in Windows 8 / Windows 8.1.

I suppose this is not relevant to the topic, though. I just don't want to lose the consistency that Windows 8.1 has.

What about this one?

I fixed the shadow position of the window, it isn't rounded. Also I updated the notification panel.

I removed the notification panel's transparency. I think is better without it now.windows_10__modern_ui___aero_glass__upda

• Like 2

What about this one?

I fixed the shadow position of the window, it isn't rounded. Also I updated the notification panel.

I removed the notification panel's transparency. I think is better without it now.windows_10__modern_ui___aero_glass__upda

I'll miss the visual effect . . . It's a good idea to have the "expand" option. I do wish it were just a tad larger.

I don't like the transparency, but I would like an option to have it there for those that do.

Those rounded toggle controls look terrible.

It's nice but the issue I have is the status boxes for Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.  With it being all shades of gray, I don't know what shade means on and what shade means off.

• Like 1

It's nice but the issue I have is the status boxes for Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.  With it being all shades of gray, I don't know what shade means on and what shade means off.

Is the accent color: grey. I made them look like current Windows Phone status boxes.

Looks very nice, you did a great job with it! I love the blur effect that helps set the background and foreground apart. It is not as skeuomorphic as Aero glass (I am specifically speaking about the removal of reflections; but I like that they are not part of your design, because I felt they were a bit distracting in Win7) and matches very well with the modern UI. All in all, I absolutely love the mockup, and I hope the Windows 10's transparency will end up looking close to this when it is done.

• 3 weeks later...