Rooted phone, adblock plus not blocking ads

Just purchased the Galaxy Avant and rooted it, installed adblock plus, granted it su permission, however I'm still seeing ads,I have unchecked show acceptable ads. What could be causing this?

In my experience Adblock Plus didn't work too well on Android (e.g. it lacks HTTPS support for example). Right now, I'm using Adguard for Android. I'd recommend staying away from HOSTS-based apps like AdAway, I find they slow down the connection if anything.

Lucky Patcher blocks everything. Blocks all ads on webpages and apps, and never fails, or crashes.

It allows one to patch ads out of apps, sure, but it's also used by pirates hence why I didn't mention it here. I'd personally also avoid this one too, as it can cause issues.

It allows one to patch ads out of apps, sure, but it's also used by pirates hence I didn't mention it here.

Yeah it can do that too, but that's not what I use it for, I don't patch the apps to remove the ads, I just run the option in Lucky Patcher to block ads.

And it works perfect. Never crashes or fails to launch or fails to block ads, just works.

I only mentioned it becuz if you aren't using it to patch or do anything illegal, and only use it to block ads, then it should be fine.

Lucky Patcher blocks everything. Blocks all ads on webpages and apps, and never fails, or crashes.

Tried this, but it still shows ads.

In my experience Adblock Plus didn't work too well on Android (e.g. it lacks HTTPS support for example). Right now, I'm using Adguard for Android. I'd recommend staying away from HOSTS-based apps like AdAway, I find they slow down the connection if anything.

Same with this, I am still seeing ads from the web. Any ideas as what could be the issue?

• 4 weeks later...

Never had such a problem.

Have had good results with AdGuard (premium) as well, doesn't need root and filters everything. Picked it up along with the standalone Windows version. No more browser-specific blockers for me.

Another vote for adaway, blocks all adverts on phone. Get it via f-droid client or grab .apk on their site.

I've been using adguard for 2 weeks now, and found it to be very helpful in blocking. Since my phone is rooted I have a wonderful xpossed module called vpndialog that presses the ok button when Adguard starts, it's a real time saver!