That said, the interview does appear in Playboy.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/azealia-banks-hates-fat-white-americans-slams-lorde-kanye-2015163

Broke with Expensive Taste... and a big mouth. Azealia Banks left no stone unturned in her April 2015 cover story with Playboy, and the multifaceted interview is garnering, well, controversy.

Banks, 23, who's famously ignited feuds with fellow stars like Iggy Azalea, Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Nicki Minaj, targeted yet another young pop star in her latest rant. "It
  • Like 3

Well, if she hates America that much and thinks she should be bowing to a different god (Muslims worship the same one), then she can always leave.  I'm sure she'll enjoy all the freedoms available to her in most Muslim nations...

• Like 3

The sad thing is that parts of her ridiculous rant are true though.

Really? I couldn't see anything true, but maybe it was all buried under her vile, racist diatribe.

Really? I couldn't see anything true, but maybe it was all buried under her vile, racist diatribe.

No doubt she is trash and needs to leave with her hate and filth, however, I noticed a small bit in there that paints an accurate picture of this country. I'll tweak my original post so that it doesn't seem as though I'm condoning what she said.

No doubt she is trash and needs to leave with her hate and filth, however, I noticed a small bit in there that paints an accurate picture of this country. I'll tweak my original post so that it doesn't seem as though I'm condoning what she said.

This kind of defense is crazy. What if I said I hate fat black Americans and the crime rate they helped to create? Would that be ok?

• Like 2

This kind of defense is crazy. What if I said I hate fat black Americans and the crime rate they helped to create? Would that be ok?

I'm not defending the girl. I simply pointed something out.

Hey Azealia, the doors that-away. Don't let it hit your ass on the way out.

Slight aside, but I've always wondered about that phrase.  Surely, it would be better if we slammed the door so hard that it DID hit her in the ass on the way out? :p

I'm not defending the girl. I simply pointed something out.

If the true part is that America still has a lot of racists, that IS true.  She's one of them.

and thinks she should be bowing to a different god (Muslims worship the same one), then she can always leave.

Because she can't worship a non Christian/Muslim god here? Why would that be grounds for her to always leave?

Hating America yes, worshiping another god? Really?

Because she can't worship a non Christian/Muslim god here? Why would that be grounds for her to always leave?

Hating America yes, worshiping another god? Really?

Did you read the OP?

Discussing what she believes happens when people are taken from their land and separated from their culture, Banks noted that there are things that are

Pretty sure white Europeans either settled unoccupied land in the US, or traded with the natives for it, so I don't know where you got "stole" from, pal.

As for slavery, again, the facts are far more interesting than the fiction.  Sure, some Africans were stolen away from their homes, but the larger percentage were actually purchased from their village chieftans.  Was that wrong? By today's standards, absolutely hell yes it was wrong; but it wasn't by the standards of the day and those are the only ones you can judge the people of the day by.

Are the descendants of those slaves owed reparations by the descendants of those slavers? Why? None of those slavers or slaves are alive today; those are the people who owe and are owed, not the ones who today who live in a free and equal society, where infinitely more opportunities exist for them than they could ever hope for if history had taken a different route.

I suggest that, before you try to discuss the issue, you remove that large chip from your shoulder and that bug up your butt.

Oh, and btw, I'm not American. I'm one of those white Europeans who's family has never owned another human, who's ancestors never owned another human, and who thinks anyone who treats another differently because of the colour of their skin, be they white, black, brown, pink, yellow, blue, purple or sky blue pink with yellow polka dots, or anyone who blames the crimes of the ancestor on those alive today, is a moron.

good. don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Pretty sure white Europeans either settled unoccupied land in the US, or traded with the natives for it, so I don't know where you got "stole" from, pal.

As for slavery, again, the facts are far more interesting than the fiction.  Sure, some Africans were stolen away from their homes, but the larger percentage were actually purchased from their village chieftans.  Was that wrong? By today's standards, absolutely hell yes it was wrong; but it wasn't by the standards of the day and those are the only ones you can judge the people of the day by.

Are the descendants of those slaves owed reparations by the descendants of those slavers? Why? None of those slavers or slaves are alive today; those are the people who owe and are owed, not the ones who today who live in a free and equal society, where infinitely more opportunities exist for them than they could ever hope for if history had taken a different route.

I suggest that, before you try to discuss the issue, you remove that large chip from your shoulder and that bug up your butt.

Oh, and btw, I'm not American. I'm one of those white Europeans who's family has never owned another human, who's ancestors never owned another human, and who thinks anyone who treats another differently because of the colour of their skin, be they white, black, brown, pink, yellow, blue, purple or sky blue pink with yellow polka dots, or anyone who blames the crimes of the ancestor on those alive today, is a moron.

the worst racism in america today, probably in alabama or kentucky, is still far more preferable to the ###### hole that is the entire continent of africa. 

this basically explains it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_territorial_acquisitions#/media/File:Territorial-acquisition-uscensus-bureau.jpg 

>>Rapper Azealia Banks hates<<

Who?

You're only as intelligent as the dumbest person you listen to.

With the level of racism still rampant in this country it's understandable that she's upset; we should all be upset by that. The problem though is that she's also being racist when she says things like, "I hate fat white americans" ; it's hypocritical, is it not? I don't think she's a bad person, I just don't think she's going to win any hearts and minds if she appears racist while discussing racism.

Dont consider this an attack on anyone, but as of late, I have a feeling about the "Black" community becoming far more racist than those who they claim are racist (or whities!/Uncle Crackas!).

not sure....just how I feel about this.

• Like 2

For once I actually agree with you...

Someone needs to slap some sense into you because it was white people who needed to leave in the first place. Your race stole this country, remember? You wouldn't understand where she's coming from if you're not black because we'd be fine if there was never slavery, racism and hypocrisy on every level. Most people who disagree with what she's saying are most likely "privileged".

There, I said it. Make a comeback.

I will tell you flat out: Some of the family on my mother's side is white redneck racist; do I share their beliefs? No -- I was raised by my parents to know better. Do I defend other minorities when I am around them and a racist comment is made? Yes. Has it made my life more difficult with my family? Sometimes. Are they horrible people? No. Are they open racist? No. Do they deserve a free pass? No.

I disagree with everything she said and I am not 'privileged'. I am the first member of my family to obtain a college education. I paid for my college education out of my own pocket by working 40+ hours per week without any government loans. My first job out of college, I brought home more than my father did after 24 years of service in the Air force. It seems to me that you are more of a bigot than the people you are trying to admonish.

Lastly, slavery had deep roots in the culture of Africans and Native Americans long before any 'white' man ever touched foot on accompaning soil. Before you go blaming whites, and acting racist yourself, maybe some investigation into their culture is necessary.

• Like 1

You want to end racism...stop bringing up things that happened in the past.  Work on the current and the future.  The past can't be changed, you can only change in the present and going forward.  If you keep living in the past then you will be doomed to repeat it.  You want to change, think about what you are saying.  If you attack people based on color, you are racist (doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on).  She attacked, she is racist.  Mr.XXIV, you attacked therefore you are racist.  You don't need to know how they grew up or what race they are to see that it is an attack.

• Like 3

it's hypocritical, is it not?

It is completely hypocritical, however to a lot of people you can only be racist if you are white while others are given not only a free pass but are applauded for it and have excuses made on their behalf.