MS Outlook 2010

Question

Hi,

Whenever i send a image from web by copy and paste the image is not shown to my colleague, but needs to copy the image and paste it in a new message, then right click on the image select wrap text -Top and bottom to see the image.

Is there any fix for this. What is wrong here?

Help needed .

Thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

Save the image locally and try, likely they are blocking external image links for security reasons and you found a workaround that may or may not continue to work 

Just off the top of my head, I would say that it's to do with the cache? You've seen the image on the Internet so your Outlook has a reference image, but in order for your colleague to see the image he needs to download it to the cache himself.

I might be way out of the ballpark with that suggestion, but I've never used copy and pasting of images before. I always add images as attachments and then place them in the email where I want them to appear (instructions, for example.)

Thanks for the replies. But I can see the images as I'm in the same office. but not my colleague.

If it is about cache how to fix it?

The fix would be to start attaching the image files to the email rather than using copy-paste. That should resolve the problem even if the diagnosis is wrong, but try it first and let us know.

Have you tried emailing yourself an image? I think Outlook embeds pasted images into email automatically. Perhaps a setting's been change somewhere in relation to this.

I'm pretty sure that this article points out why you're having the issue - because your colleague needs to download the linked image - and also offers reasons for attaching images as files rather than linking them.

So (once again) my advice is to start attaching your images rather than copying and pasting them.

I'm pretty sure that this article points out why you're having the issue - because your colleague needs to download the linked image - and also offers reasons for attaching images as files rather than linking them.

So (once again) my advice is to start attaching your images rather than copying and pasting them.

Thanks Nick.H. I solved the problem, an option in the outlook should be unchecked. Thats it.

Thanks again, you can now close this topic.