Windows 10 TP 10041 error with BIO/UEFI

should've been more clear error messages like:

"We can't support non-GPT disk anymore."

The error might not be that "simple". There could be something else reporting that error. Not necessary that the disk isn't using GPT. Different hardware and SATA controllers might read differently.

Too early to tell what is the root cause.

But I would suggest that someone test with a different clean HDD and see if that works.  If I'm not mistaken this disk would by default get GPT. And if that goes through, it most likely is GPT that is the issue.

should've been more clear error messages like:

"We can't support non-GPT disk anymore."

My SSD is GPART but I still get the problem.  It seems that the problem is NOT caused by using non-GPART disks.

I've solved this!!

THE PROBLEM: our GPT disk lacks the MSR partition.

2015-03-18 20:17:18, Info                  CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Boot disk has ESP partition.
2015-03-18 20:17:18, Info                  CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Boot disk does not have MSR partition.
2015-03-18 20:17:18, Info                  CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Boot disk does not have UEFI disk layout.
2015-03-18 20:17:18, Info                  CONX   CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker: checked HostIsUEFICompliant, found HardBlock. 

SOLUTION:

1. go to the disk management, shrink C: and make about 100MB blank space available, use other disk/partition management software, such as diskgenius, add the 100MB as MSR (Microsoft Reserved Partition) partition.  

post-542458-0-22478600-1426769054.png

2. reboot.

3. If it goes well, you can install NOW!

can you post link to esd decryptor here? I am not a MDL member and don't really want to register there.

http://files.fm/down.php?i=iwukmxu&n=esd-decrypter-wimlib-4.7z

after 10041 downloaded and started installing, it sat at 3% for about 15 minutes and then rebooted for whatever reason, and didn't boot. I turned it off and then couldn't even get into the BIOS.

So I connected the SSD to my Windows 8.1 desktop to see if anything was wrong, the all the files in the Program Files and Windows folders had gotten corrupted at some point. I was able to get all my personal files back.

I'm on 10041 now, but had to make my own ISO to get it to install.

There is a program warwaggon linked you can Google which tells health and eta of life on your ssd

I've solved this!!

SOLUTION:

1. go to the disk management, shrink C: and make about 100MB blank space available, use other disk/partition management software, such as diskgenius, add the 100MB as MSR (Microsoft Reserved Partition) partition.  

2. reboot.

This worked for me, thanks!

I've solved this!!

SOLUTION:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

2. reboot.

Does anyone know if this solution will work if you are running in Boot Camp?  Does dual booting still work?

Does anyone know if this solution will work if you are running in Boot Camp?  Does dual booting still work?

No guarantee. Here:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/cannot-install-10041-unsupported-disk-layout-uefi/229badf8-19d2-41bb-bf4a-65706cb77dac?page=4

someone succeed, and someone failed and the dual boot broke, but it can also be fixed. 

After all, before you do this, please backup your data first.

Data is priceless.