Windows 10 TP Build 9926 does not see 10041 build to do update?

Guys this is what worked for me:

• Open regedit.exe
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability
  • Ensure the following values exist:

{value name}, {value type}, {value data}

• BranchName, REG_SZ, fbl_impressive
  • ThresholdOptedin, REG_DWORD, 1
  • ThresholdRiskLevel, REG_SZ, low
    • Delete all other values
    • Open Settings > Update & recovery > Windows Update
    • Tap or click Check for updates

(Source: TechNet Forum) 

There was one value though that it would not allow me to delete, so I left it there, once you do that you will be in the slow ring, just check for updates like that, it will say it found no updates, then go ahead and switch to the Fast Ring and check for updates once more, voila! you should see the update, downloading now.

I had the same issue where the first attempt failed and I was not able to try it again.  What worked for me was:

1. Click Start > Settings
  2. Click Update & Recovery
  3. Click Recovery (on the left)
  4. Under "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" click "Get Started"

After the refresh (takes a few minutes), I was able to use Windows Update and get the latest build.

Hope it helps!

- Joe

• Open regedit.exe
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability

There was one value though that it would not allow me to delete, so I left it there, once you do that you will be in the slow ring, just check for updates like that, it will say it found no updates, then go ahead and switch to the Fast Ring and check for updates once more, voila! you should see the update, downloading now.

This worked for me! thanks!!!

I had been getting an error message with 10041 but seems to have resolved itself in terms of updating my windows defender

I had problems in 9926 on getting this definition to update. but this morning BAM!, it worked finally.

5u09c6.png

• Open regedit.exe

This worked for me as well. Thank you for the help.

32ksjLi.png

Unfortunately I'm here at the moment, but I'll update if I get past here. Anyone have any ideas? It runs in to the error at 14% every time :/

0NNHk4C.png

Edited by anon--

Not sure if winsupersite links are allowed, but there is a tutorial on how to grab the ESD and make an ISO out of it for build 10041.

If the link are allowed, I'll post the link in a reply.

EDIT: I found the Windows Insider Program post about the conversion process.  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/instructions-create-a-bootable-iso-file-using-esd/d2768b51-221a-436e-af4e-d3b9118a8864

This worked for me as well. Thank you for the help.

32ksjLi.png

Unfortunately I'm here at the moment, but I'll update if I get past here. Anyone have any ideas? It runs in to the error at 14% every time :/

0NNHk4C.png

UPDATE: I ran the free version of CCleaner (You can web search it if you don't know what it is), and cleaned up the registry with that, and I was able to install 10041 at that point. The first time I restarted after the successful install however, my monitors displayed | NO SIGNAL | and I had to restart my machine manually. It automatically reverted to my previous build (9926). Then I went back to Software Update, and tried one last time, and it worked perfectly! I'm using 10041 now and it's just fine. I wonder if the first monitor issue has something to do with my AMD Radeon Driver... Anyway, not sure if this will work for others, but it did the trick for me. Good luck anyway

I also had the issue when I recovered from 10041. You have to delete the "RecoveredFrom" Key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability, after that it worked for me again!