Windows 10 and Apple Magic Trackpad

Good day,

I have installed the Technical Preview and Technical Preview 2 and still cannot get the multitouch for my Apple Magic Trackpad to work.

I love this trackpad and was hoping that Windows 10 might fix the use of it.

Does multitouch work for anyone else? I know of third party software that is paid for which gives some basic functions but it would be nice to know it was supported for multitouch natively...

Does it function properly under Windows 8?  If so, try using the drivers for that.  If not.. Well, you'll have to hope that Apple make Windows drivers for it (which will be a very long wait indeed).

Nope.. Apple makes it function like a HID device... Only the left click works in both Windows 8.1 and 10.

They've never given it full driver support in Windows. So, it is up to Apple you're saying? The OEM still has control? :(

Nope.. Apple makes it function like a HID device... Only the left click works in both Windows 8.1 and 10.

They've never given it full driver support in Windows. So, it is up to Apple you're saying? The OEM still has control? :(

Unless a 3rd party writes Windows software for it (as Shozilla's post indicates), then it's Apple's hardware so they'll have to write drivers. You'll only get very basic functionality from Microsoft provided Windows drivers.

So, it is up to Apple you're saying? The OEM still has control? :(

OEM's use synaptics or alps, usually. They emulate a PS2 mouse, or, sometimes implement the standard that Microsoft developed for precision trackpads.

Since Apple's trackpad doesn't emulate PS2, there's no PS2 (traditional, crappy) driver available for it. Since it doesn't adhere to the Microsoft standard, there's no MS driver for it.

It's kind of like plugging a refrigerator into your USB port and then getting shocked when Windows has no idea what to do with it; it's never seen it before, doesn't have any drivers for it, and can't know what it even is.

• 4 weeks later...
Since a few months there is a new driver online to have multi gesture on Windows with the Magic Trackpad. It supports 3-finger dragging, 3-finger tap, 3-finger horizontal and vertical swipes and 4-finger tap, 4-finger horizontal and vertical swipes. AND.. it's free.

I used magic trackpad on Windows now for years. I have a dualboot hackintosh and syncing the magic trackpad between the two OS' with a regedit hack makes the trackpad connect without having to pair again when switching from Mac to Windows:
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Since a few months there is a new driver online to have multi gesture on Windows with the Magic Trackpad. It supports 3-finger dragging, 3-finger tap, 3-finger horizontal and vertical swipes and 4-finger tap, 4-finger horizontal and vertical swipes. AND.. it's free.

I used magic trackpad on Windows now for years. I have a dualboot hackintosh and syncing the magic trackpad between the two OS' with a regedit hack makes the trackpad connect without having to pair again when switching from Mac to Windows:

Thank you so much! I am so happy to hear about this taliezin!!

Yup. It has been around for awhile now.

I replace magic mouse with my Performance MX mouse.  I use the wheel for scrolling instead of scrolling gesture on magic mouse.

I use trackpad for swiping, zooming in/out, etc. 

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, really need help from you guys. The link for the trackpad driver is not there, i know this is kinda impossible, but do you guys possibly have the installation file? I couldn't find any other driver that supports multi-touch and that's free. Even some of the payed ones only support two touch at most.

I could really use that driver. Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, roshh said:

Hi Guys, really need help from you guys. The link for the trackpad driver is not there, i know this is kinda impossible, but do you guys possibly have the installation file? I couldn't find any other driver that supports multi-touch and that's free. Even some of the payed ones only support two touch at most.

You may want to check again.  I just went to the page and it is there along with the link for download.

5 hours ago, roshh said:

This page appears to work for me. For older links, you may need to copy and paste the URL into your browser rather than click on it in the forums.

https://www.trackpadmagic.com/magic-trackpad/download

20 hours ago, Clirion said:

You may want to check again.  I just went to the page and it is there along with the link for download.

16 hours ago, zhangm said:

This page appears to work for me. For older links, you may need to copy and paste the URL into your browser rather than click on it in the forums.

https://www.trackpadmagic.com/magic-trackpad/download

I copyed and pasted the link into the browser and only "404" showed up, i also provided a screenshot. I also tried the trackpadmagic.com. And they only offer trials, not full free software.

I did however find the following site, which seems quite similar as the http://www.trackpadextramagic.com/index.htm.

Here's the similar link.

http://extramagic.forbootcamp.org/download.htm

Since you guys can open the link, can you guys so kindly upload the file to a cloud and share the file with me? Cause I'm kind of afraid that the other link I found may contain a virus. Thanks a lot!

Capture.PNG