Weird Connection Issue Hyper V Host

I've got a bizarre issue and I am just going round in circles here and I suspect its something I am doing. I'm trying to setup a stand alone Hyper V host, nothing fancy, local storage etc.

Basically after I have added the Hyper-V role in Server 2012 R2, gone in to configure the Virtual Switch and then assigned a static IP to the newly created Virtual Adapter everything is working absolutely fine, I can ping, I can RDP to the server I'm happy.

However, as soon as I reboot that server and it comes back, I can no longer RDP. I can still ping the machine so its not like its completely off the network, it can still download windows updates and ping external websites.

I've noticed a lot of errors in the Event Viewer saying it can't talk to the DC anymore, can't register in DNS etc etc so its clear something is going horribly wrong.

My Virtual Switch is setup as External and Allow management OS to share the NIC is checked. The Adapter itself is a Team that was setup via Windows and I've tagged a VLAN as that's how the physical switch is setup.

If I remove the vSwitch and re-add it with the exact same config, same IP etc then RDP will work perfectly, until the next reboot so I'm pretty convinced this is something to do with the vSwitch itself.

Any ideas, let me know if there is anything else that is needed.

That's because the DC is a virtual machine which isn't powered on at bootup, This is normal for lab environments as for RDP my first guess would be the Windows Firewall on the server switching back to "public" when It cant contact the DC which blocks RDP by default.

A Simple fix (in a lab environment) is to enable remote desktop for all networks on the server.

That's because the DC is a virtual machine which isn't powered on at bootup, This is normal for lab environments as for RDP my first guess would be the Windows Firewall on the server switching back to "public" when It cant contact the DC which blocks RDP by default.

A Simple fix (in a lab environment) is to enable remote desktop for all networks on the server.

DC is a virtual machine, where did that come from? The DC doesn't reside on this Hyper V box (its off the Domain atm anyway) as its literally just being built.

Not Firewall, I've turned that off to be 100%

However the fact it will work again when only playing with vSwitch in Hyper V I would say rules that out too.

I have now found that I have a dupe MAC issue;

LAN 1, Team and the vEthernet are all sharing the same MAC, I suspect as soon as I figure out the best way to fix that it will be OK.

Finally figured this out if anyone cares.

Part of our build process for the HP blade system for our cluster machines is to run a powershell command;

Get-NetAdapterVmq | Disable-NetAdapterVmq

This stand alone HP Gen9 server seems to not like that command. I started building a second node and it was absolutely fine until I ran this command, once I re-enabled VMQ it started working OK.