God of War 3 getting a remaster

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-20-god-of-war-3-remastered-announced-for-ps4

Sony has announced God of War 3 Remastered for PlayStation 4. It launches 17th July 2015 in the UK.

The game outputs at 1080p resolution and its developers are "targeting" 60 frames per second, Sony said in a note just sent to press.

Sony Santa Monica's gory action adventure launched on PS3 in March 2010. God of War 3 Remastered marks series star Kratos' debut on PS4, and celebrates 10 years of God of War.

In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Sony Santa Monica's Cory Barlog suggested there may be more to come from God of War beyond God of War 3 Remastered.

"Should we toast to another 10 years?" he asked. "Will there be another ten years?

"Hmm..."

The first trailer and screenshots lie below.

This is pretty insulting. We got a God of War collection remaster for the PS3 that included 5 games, and they're only giving us GoW3 for the same price?

Also, enough with the remasters already. We want new games. Stop wasting resources on games we already have.

Well the GoW 1 and 2 got a HD remake for PS3.   

So I cannot say I am even slightly surpriced that GoW 3 for an HD remake for PS4. :rolleyes:

You can't improve on whats already perfect. I don't see the point. GoW 3 was the only reason I broke down and bought a PS3. A remake thats not needed will not get me to buy a PS4.

This is pretty insulting. We got a God of War collection remaster for the PS3 that included 5 games, and they're only giving us GoW3 for the same price?

Also, enough with the remasters already. We want new games. Stop wasting resources on games we already have.

well the original collection HD that i got included 2 PS2 games for PS3

then they did origins collection that had 2 ps portable games.

then they release SAGA that had both portable, both PS2 games AND included God of War 3, that is a PS3 game already, not a remake.

so don't worry.    once a new ps4 game appears, there will be more collections, that include that ps4 game.      for now, just as with ps3 getting ps2 games,  ps4 is getting ps3 game.

though,  following this logic, there should be GoW3 and GoW Assention HD.  They where both on PS3 and both should be remade at the same time.

Just like 1 and 2 were bundled together.

If they only realease 3... it will be a shame.   

You can't improve on whats already perfect. I don't see the point. GoW 3 was the only reason I broke down and bought a PS3. A remake thats not needed will not get me to buy a PS4.

I would have liked to replay GoW3 FullHD and play Assession since i missed it.   No point getting just GoW3 remake, unless both games are there.  

As you said, it already looked great (I also had upscaling done by high end receiver and TV, so the picture looked even better, then just average TV.  Game looked great.

Im excited for this. I play 1 and 2 on my trusty PS2 but with not having a PS3 last gen, i was sad. Now I get to play one of my favorite series of all time! As soon as amazon pre order goes live I'm preordering.

You can get God of War Saga for under $20 for the PS3.

It includes not only God of War 3 but the HD remasters of 1 and 2 as well as the two mobile games.

Bumping GoW3 to 1080p@60fps and releasing it alone is not enough to beat the Saga deal in my mind unless they plan to sell if for like $10-$20.

Maybe this is for people who don't have PS3s?  Is GoW3 on PS Now?

Maybe this is for people who don't have PS3s?  Is GoW3 on PS Now?

Nope, but Ascension is.

I don't know how much the collection was, but this is $39.99.

I thought the point of getting rid of backwards compatibility was so we could leave the old stuff behind, not to become an excuse to remaster every game ever made on the new consoles.

I don't know how much the collection was, but this is $39.99.

He's referring to the same God of War Saga collection I mentioned. It's retail price is $19.99, Amazon is selling it new right now for $17.99, and you can probably find it cheaper in stores if you're willing to hunt for the lowest price.

Watch out getting it used though because the two mobile games are just vouchers to get the downloadable games which have likely already been used on mobile version. So used copies are likely only the main trilogy (which still isn't bad if you can get it for like $10).

It's a two disc set so the HD remakes of 1 and 2 are on the first disc and 3 is on the second.

It's a FAR, FAR, better deal if you have a PS3 and don't already have these games then a $40 1080p@60fps remake IMHO.