Helped friend apply for a job, he was asked "Equality" questions

Me I would've just put go ###### yourself lol but seriously in the states they can't ask u that.

They can. They cannot "force" you to answer.

If '' equal '' noun would be really so , why would I need to explain my religion , ethnicity etc. ?

Don't know about the UK, but in the US all of those are protected classes. Meaning you are protected from being discriminated on based on those things.

I wouldn't worry about it unless suddenly employers start hiring all blacks, or all senior citizens, or all cripples, or all gay and lesbians, all Christians, etc. When that happens, then there's an issue. It hasn't happened up to this point, and I doubt it every will.

Just focus on being the best applicant for the job, and then understand whoever is doing the hiring may not agree with you.

Don't know about the UK, but in the US all of those are protected classes. Meaning you are protected from being discriminated on based on those things.

Wow .

That's geometrically different than how it feels up here .

At least , USA got it right .

I wouldn't worry about it unless suddenly employers start hiring all blacks, or all senior citizens, or all cripples, or all gay and lesbians, all Christians, etc. When that happens, then there's an issue. It hasn't happened up to this point, and I doubt it every will.

Just focus on being the best applicant for the job, and then understand whoever is doing the hiring may not agree with you.

A good point of view for the moment you'll apply for a job .