Help flashing a ROM

I'm hitting a wall here.

I have an LG G3 D850 AT&T US

It's rooted which I checked with the Root Checked app (that was a bit of a pain in itself)

Next I needed to unlock the bootloader with TWRP.  Here's where I ran into the problem.

I downloaded twrp-2.8.0.0_d850-signed.img going by the instructions on XDA and put it on the phone's SD card.  Used ADP to follow the instructions from here. When I reboot into recovery I get the message "Boot Certification Verify; Secure Booting Error."  The screen then goes black and the LED flashes Red and Blue.  I can press power and volume down to reboot normally.

Found the latest version of TWRP (2.8.5.0) and used the same method above with the same results.  Tried all the following with the same results as above:

Used Flashify with both versions

Used TWRP Manager which automatically downloads the latest version.  Says it's successful but I get the same result.

Used Terminal Emulator on the phone to run the commands from there.

Can't think of anything else to try.

Hey! I have the same device, Were you trying to Root lollipop? That's a known issue. There is a work around. Might be easier to grab the LG Flash tool and file back to completely stock, Reroot with Stump root on kitkat, flash twrp and follow the guide on xda.

Here, Follow AutoPrimes guide.. I advise using the flash tool however, start over fresh.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/development/rom-lg-d850-20f-lollipop-5-0-1-extras-t3052041

Hey! I have the same device, Were you trying to Root lollipop? That's a known issue. There is a work around. Might be easier to grab the LG Flash tool and file back to completely stock, Reroot with Stump root on kitkat, flash twrp and follow the guide on xda.

Here, Follow AutoPrimes guide.. I advise using the flash tool however, start over fresh.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/development/rom-lg-d850-20f-lollipop-5-0-1-extras-t3052041

Thanks Keeper!  I wish I would've done that from the get go this morning.  I'm happily on Cyanogen 5.0.2.

Thanks Keeper!  I wish I would've done that from the get go this morning.  I'm happily on Cyanogen 5.0.2.

Glad I could help!! Personally I'd wait until they get a lot of the quirks ironed out. I imagine at somepoint there's going to be a way easier way of getting TWRP and Lollipop running seamlessly! Just keep ya eyes open in XDA.

Glad I could help!! Personally I'd wait until they get a lot of the quirks ironed out. I imagine at somepoint there's going to be a way easier way of getting TWRP and Lollipop running seamlessly! Just keep ya eyes open in XDA.

For some reason CM12 says that Microsoft Office Mobile isn't compatible with my device (which it was with LG's Lollipop and it is with my son's CM12 on a OnePlus One) so I'm thinking of trying Paranoid Android to see how that is.  Now that TWRP is working perfectly it's real easy to flash different ROMs so I'll just keep trying it until I find one I like.

For some reason CM12 says that Microsoft Office Mobile isn't compatible with my device (which it was with LG's Lollipop and it is with my son's CM12 on a OnePlus One) so I'm thinking of trying Paranoid Android to see how that is.  Now that TWRP is working perfectly it's real easy to flash different ROMs so I'll just keep trying it until I find one I like.

If you can wait a few days, CloudyG3 2.1 is coming out for our devices, I'm gonna be flashing back to kitkat tomorrow probably and get ready for it!

Look here :D We'll only need to flash a modem :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59605091&postcount=1519

If you can wait a few days, CloudyG3 2.1 is coming out for our devices, I'm gonna be flashing back to kitkat tomorrow probably and get ready for it!

Look here :D We'll only need to flash a modem :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=59605091&postcount=1519

Awesome!  Here's what I basically spent my day on.  CM12 has a bug (worse than the Office thing I mentioned) that locks the lock screen.  You can press the power button and the screen is responsive to the shut down window but you can't unlock the phone.  Still awful sexy looking, though.

Paranoid Android has a problem where Google Services keeps crashing and since their team basically left to develop Oxygen OS for OnePlus a fix doesn't seem to be incoming.

My next step was to flash Cloudy G3 since I heard it's the best of both worlds for the G3 so I downloaded it and got my device ready only to see it supports the international and Korean versions. Ugh.

Then I flashed Cyanide and while so far it works (still says Office isn't compatible with my device) it's really hax0r-ish.  The default background is black with some skeletons wearing headphones...  Not my cup of tea.

I was almost considering using the LG Flash Tool to go back to stock and updated it to LG's Lollipop (which I didn't like their take on) and wait for CM12 to get better but now it seems I'll just wait with Cyanide on my device until Cloudy comes out (and a couple people test it :p )

Awesome!  Here's what I basically spent my day on.  CM12 has a bug (worse than the Office thing I mentioned) that locks the lock screen.  You can press the power button and the screen is responsive to the shut down window but you can't unlock the phone.  Still awful sexy looking, though.

Paranoid Android has a problem where Google Services keeps crashing and since their team basically left to develop Oxygen OS for OnePlus a fix doesn't seem to be incoming.

My next step was to flash Cloudy G3 since I heard it's the best of both worlds for the G3 so I downloaded it and got my device ready only to see it supports the international and Korean versions. Ugh.

Then I flashed Cyanide and while so far it works (still says Office isn't compatible with my device) it's really hax0r-ish.  The default background is black with some skeletons wearing headphones...  Not my cup of tea.

I was almost considering using the LG Flash Tool to go back to stock and updated it to LG's Lollipop (which I didn't like their take on) and wait for CM12 to get better but now it seems I'll just wait with Cyanide on my device until Cloudy comes out (and a couple people test it :p )

That's really weird! Try Illusion ROM or Candy5 they are the best IMO.

If you need any help, I'm on IRC freenode #LG-G3