Will Intel 4600 graphics drive a 27 inch 2650x1440 Display?

I am considering getting a new desktop PC that comes with onboard Intel 4600 graphics with a DVI port. Will it be able to drive a 27 inch 2560x1440 resolution display to it's full resolution?

It should more than happily do that.  Should be able to drive 2.

You haven't provided enough information. Is it a pre-built brand computer? If so, give us the exact model.

If it's custom built, state the motherboard brand and model.

For example, these are the output specs for the asus gryphon Z97:

- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/GRYPHON_Z97/specifications/

• Like 1

You haven't provided enough information. Is it a pre-built brand computer? If so, give us the exact model.

If it's custom built, state the motherboard brand and model.

For example, these are the output specs for the asus gryphon Z97:

- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz

- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/GRYPHON_Z97/specifications/

I fail to see how the board matters. The resolution output is still dictated by the GPU used.

I fail to see how the board matters. The resolution output is still dictated by the GPU used.

Did you notice that this certain board is NOT able to push beyond 1920 x 1200 through the DVI port (which is what OP is asking about), even though the GPU is capable of more?

To cut it short, yes, it matters.

Did you notice that this certain board is NOT able to push beyond 1920 x 1200 through the DVI port (which is what OP is asking about), even though the GPU is capable of more?

To cut it short, yes, it matters.

Depends on the monitor.

For example, my pc hooked up to my old monitor and it showed 1600x1200

then I took it off and hooked it up to my new monitor and showed 1920x1080.

The screen resolution is based on GPU and monitor's resolution support.

Intel GPUs have only SINGLE-LINK DVI. You won't be able to use the DVI port to drive a 2560x1440 screen.

Now most do come with HDMI and a lot DisplayPort. DisplayPort is the ideal connector for high resolution monitors, though HDMI should be able to handle 2560x1440 but it might require you to manually specify the resolution. I hear that some aren't able to get the full 60Hz refresh rate over HDMI, and instead max out at 55Hz.

Depends on the monitor.

For example, my pc hooked up to my old monitor and it showed 1600x1200

then I took it off and hooked it up to my new monitor and showed 1920x1080.

The screen resolution is based on GPU and monitor's resolution support.

What does the monitor have to do with the max output resolution of the board?!

@cosrocket

Apparently intel HD graphics only support single-link DVI output, meaning the max. DVI resolution is 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz, as mrp04 mentioned.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-intel-processor-graphics

What does the monitor have to do with the max output resolution of the board?!

If GPU has 2560x1440 support but hooked up to a monitor that support up to 1920x1080. You can not get 2560x1440 on that monitor.  You have to get a monitor that has 2560x1440 max resolution... 

See the max screen resolution support as shown in circles here:

post-277494-0-02662800-1427249577.png

If GPU has 2560x1440 support but hooked up to a monitor that support up to 1920x1080. You can not get 2560x1440 on that monitor.  You have to get a monitor that has 2560x1440 max resolution...

No sh*t, sherlock; you really thought I didn't know such a basic thing?! Besides, it has NOTHING to do with this thread.

No sh*t, sherlock; you really thought I didn't know such a basic thing?! Besides, it has NOTHING to do with this thread.

I don't care if my posts have to do with this thread or not but I am letting you and everyone else in this thread to keep an eye out on monitor screen resolution and GPU supports..   

A client of mine bought wrong kind of monitor but he has a beast machine and he wanted 2560x1440 but got 1920x1080 instead. He took it back and a new monitor.

Some people do not releaze that the monitor has max resolution support that GPU renders in. You have to PAY ATTENTION to the feature list when buying GPU and monitor.   

And another client of mine got new monitor has has 2560x1440 support but his PC wasn't.  He had to get a new PC for that. He gave old PC to someone else.

This is the monitor:

http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/PA279Q/

It has display port, HDMI and dual link DVI and comes with a dual link DVI cable but I don't know if the DVI port on the PC is dual link DVI, it doesn't state that it is. I thought I had read that HDMI can only go as high as 1920x1080 but I could be wrong. Also it doesn't look like the PC has a display port. 

This is the monitor:

http://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/PA279Q/

It has display port, HDMI and dual link DVI and comes with a dual link DVI cable but I don't know if the DVI port on the PC is dual link DVI, it doesn't state that it is. I thought I had read that HDMI can only go as high as 1920x1080 but I could be wrong. Also it doesn't look like the PC has a display port. 

I and mrp04 already answered your question at posts #11 and 12. I also provided a link to the intel's website, detailing the output options.

I don't care if my posts have to do with this thread or not but I am letting you and everyone else in this thread to keep an eye out on monitor screen resolution and GPU supports..   

A client of mine bought wrong kind of monitor but he has a beast machine and he wanted 2560x1440 but got 1920x1080 instead. He took it back and a new monitor.

Some people do not releaze that the monitor has max resolution support that GPU renders in. You have to PAY ATTENTION to the feature list when buying GPU and monitor.   

And another client of mine got new monitor has has 2560x1440 support but his PC wasn't.  He had to get a new PC for that. He gave old PC to someone else.

Exactly, great thing to point out... a lot of people drop coin for a 27 inch monitor only to get one that has the same resolution as a 24 inch!

I and mrp04 already answered your question at posts #11 and 12. I also provided a link to the intel's website, detailing the output options.

OK thanks. So it will have to be HDMI.

leave shozilla alone, he is special, but he is my friend :p