Sling TV Support a Joke :)

I know you all by now are hearing about Sling TV as a service to get cable channels for $20 a month. Well I have been getting more interested as they are adding more channels. I decided to call there toll free number to ask some questions and this is what ended up happening. The first question I asked was can the service work on a windows 8.1 tablet. The guy told me not at this time we support iOS and Android and Windows PC's 7 and above. I asked how did it work on a windows pc and the guy told me I would install there application and thats how the service would work. Then I asked why wouldn't it work on a Microsoft Surface tablet if I have desktop mode and have to install the application. I understand there is no app in the windows store for sling tv but why wouldn't it work on a tablet that is windows and has desktop applications. He kept on saying no that wouldn't work but on a regular PC it would. I told him sounds like you don't understand windows or there tablets so you must be using Apple. He went on to say no I don't own a computer for the past 10 years. I was like wow your trying to sell a online service and have no idea what your doing. If I was in your shoe's I would tell the customer no we don't have a official app on windows like we do on iOS or droid, but since on PC there is a application you could try that on your tablet since your telling me you have a desktop that can install applications.

I disconnected the call and now undecided to use them since they have no clue what there doing. I can imagine the support for service or if you get double charged or something. Have any of you used there service or called them..Let me know your thoughts

I mean if you actually Google it (which you should do for a question like that anyway) you'd find they have been having issues supporting PCs with 8.1 and above so he may not be wrong.

Service works okay for me, when authorization for playback works.

Emailed their support when the iphone app would just be black. Got a automated response over a week later saying they're busy and will get back a soon as they can. Been over a month now, two charges, and no response.

turns out my phone was jailbroken and they did something where it wouldn't play on jailbroken phones, but i think they resolved that issue since.

turns out my phone was jailbroken and they did something where it wouldn't play on jailbroken phones, but i think they resolved that issue since.

Strange. My iPad is jailbroken.. Sling works since the day 1 I got it installed.

No ABC, fox, NBC, CBS, CW or TBS. Still need those channels before I will buy it.

No ABC, fox, NBC, CBS, CW or TBS. Still need those channels before I will buy it.

They said on the phone that they will add more channels soon.

Thats why they started their TV service and grow from there.

They said on the phone that they will add more channels soon.

Thats why they started their TV service and grow from there.

They already had added more but you need to pay $5 more for different packages.

I asked how did it work on a windows pc and the guy told me I would install there application and thats how the service would work. Then I asked why wouldn't it work on a Microsoft Surface tablet if I have desktop mode and have to install the application. I understand there is no app in the windows store for sling tv but why wouldn't it work on a tablet that is windows and has desktop applications. He kept on saying no that wouldn't work but on a regular PC it would. 

I disconnected the call and now undecided to use them since they have no clue what there doing. I can imagine the support for service or if you get double charged or something. Have any of you used there service or called them..Let me know your thoughts

Good God, what a cluster ###### of a paragraph. I could almost understand the tech support's confusion, because you can't install Windows desktop apps on a Windows RT tablet (Surface 1/2). I hope you mean Surface Pro. 

Rather than blasting support, how about actually being nice to a human being? It sounds like you wasted your time. You could've took the two seconds it takes to look at their devices page.