I'm Finally Ditching Windows Phone for Android

By that same logic, Microsoft not releasing Microsoft Office for GNU/Linux is just douche baggery too.

Yet they did for Android, making your point moot.

Maybe if GNU/Linux distros could get their sh*t together and decide on one standardized package manager...

You're going to be disappointed. A couple years ago I thought I was bored with iOS and bought a Nexus 4. I was happy for a very short time but that wore off quickly. There is no better device than the iPhone and no better OS than iOS in my humble opinion. The beast number of quality apps is staggering compared to Android and the Android OS itself is a mess compared to iOS.

Yup, definitely your opinion ;)

You're going to be disappointed. A couple years ago I thought I was bored with iOS and bought a Nexus 4. I was happy for a very short time but that wore off quickly. There is no better device than the iPhone and no better OS than iOS in my humble opinion. The beast number of quality apps is staggering compared to Android and the Android OS itself is a mess compared to iOS.

you might be correct about the quality of the apps but the quality of the OS and phones themselves have really dropped in my opinion. The OS is so dumbed down & just isn't good to look at, The #1 thing I did when I jailbroke my device was apply another theme, remove some useless things from the homescreen & just plain mod the hell out of it. This was the highlight of the device.. customisation! The only thing you can do with stock iOS is what? move your icons and change wallpaper?.. Okay.

the other thing that annoys me is in order to get great battery life with an iOS device you have to disable a bunch of services such as location, bluetooth, wifi..etc just to get some juice to last you a day! I'm not sure how it is with the new devices or if it's still the same but that was my experience and my only way to get a full days worth, by 8 PM with those services off I still had 23-34% battery.

I have both devices and for primary usage I would take my android over my iphone anyday, it's the simple things that you can do with android such as pausing a movie playing from plex from the lockscreen or notification screen or your watch to simply customising android to exactly how you feel without installing additional things. 

Do explain what you mean by, "Android OS itself is a mess compared to iOS."

now i'm not saying "Android is great, All hail android!" it's just iOS is in layman's terms, "meh"

This is all in my honest opinion, take it with a grain of salt, i'm here to have an honest and enjoyable discussion. Please for the sake of hordor, don't bite my head off.

you might be correct about the quality of the apps but the quality of the OS and phones themselves have really dropped in my opinion. The OS is so dumbed down & just isn't good to look at, The #1 thing I did when I jailbroke my device was apply another theme, remove some useless things from the homescreen & just plain mod the hell out of it. This was the highlight of the device.. customisation! The only thing you can do with stock iOS is what? move your icons and change wallpaper?.. Okay.

the other thing that annoys me is in order to get great battery life with an iOS device you have to disable a bunch of services such as location, bluetooth, wifi..etc just to get some juice to last you a day! I'm not sure how it is with the new devices or if it's still the same but that was my experience and my only way to get a full days worth, by 8 PM with those services off I still had 23-34% battery.

I have both devices and for primary usage I would take my android over my iphone anyday, it's the simple things that you can do with android such as pausing a movie playing from plex from the lockscreen or notification screen or your watch to simply customising android to exactly how you feel without installing additional things. 

Do explain what you mean by, "Android OS itself is a mess compared to iOS."

now i'm not saying "Android is great, All hail android!" it's just iOS is in layman's terms, "meh"

This is all in my honest opinion, take it with a grain of salt, i'm here to have an honest and enjoyable discussion. Please for the sake of hordor, don't bite my head off.

He is talking about the mess that represents the OS of Android in phones that depends on the carrier if you phone can be updated or not. That's the only thing I believe that sucks in Android. In iOS you can bypass the carrier and update the OS, so easy.

• 2 weeks later...

He is talking about the mess that represents the OS of Android in phones that depends on the carrier if you phone can be updated or not. That's the only thing I believe that sucks in Android. In iOS you can bypass the carrier and update the OS, so easy.

If you have a plain vanilla Android, network unlocked device such as a Nexus, then carriers can't stop you upgrading to your hearts content.  If you don't, then you can root it and still upgrade, though you'll probably have to use a custom ROM.

The problem isn't so much the carriers, it's the damned OEM's putting custom wrappers around Android and not releasing their hardware drivers.

Love my OnePlus One. Great phone and now with added goodness Lollipop 5.1. Mmmm Lollipop. 

post-405-0-48184700-1427645718.pngpost-405-0-63532800-1427645796.pngpost-405-0-78120600-1427645810.png

What theme is that dude?

What theme is that dude?

Sorry, I've moved on from the OnePlus. Cannot remember what theme it was.