Ex-CFO who slammed Chick-fil-A now on foodstamps

What a complete jerk. Because some poor cashier is going to care about his stupid rant. She works there because she needs a job, not to support some agenda. Glad he got what he deserves.

• Like 2

While I agree 100% with his message (Discrimination of LBGTQ persons is wrong, and any company that espouses it like they do in my opinion should be shut down), the way he did things was completely wrong and he got what he deserved.  

If you have a problem with a company you speak with your dollars, not hurting one of the workers who doesn't make any decisions.

T

If he was anti-gay and got caught, he would have been lauded as a hero by the conservatives. He'd probably have his own show on Fox by now. Hypocrisy anyone?

Doesn't matter what his cause is or which political aisle he belongs to, he was being a jerk.

But of course to the left-wingnuts who worship Saul Alinsky's methods or the neo-nazis (two sides of one coin) that's a badge of honor.

Since when has Chick-Fil-A discriminated against anyone?  People at like the company is telling anyone in the lgbt community to go somewhere else, and that never happened.  Mr. Cathy was "asked a question", he answered it honestly, and people lost their minds.  Yet when Chick-Fil-A is in the news, it's almost always something positive they're doing for the community.  Can't say I really feel sorry for him.  What did he expect to happen?

Being a homophobic ass? not cool. Harassing an employee who is just trying to do her job? equally uncool. I'm as pro equality as it gets but that particular cause is not helped in any way by mindlessly harassing innocent people. As far as I'm concerned he got exactly what he deserved.

This is a prime example of not understanding how to appropriately express an ideological disagreement. Why harass some poor employee who has exactly 0% control over the views of the owners/CEOs/Managers etc?

He wasn't helping anyone. Anti-LGBTI folk use this as 'proof' they are the real victims in the equality debate & as I recall Chick-fil-A enjoyed a pretty serious bump in customers after all of this stuff went down.

You can have the absolutely right opinion but express it completely wrong.

Am I missing something? I didn't find that video offensive at all. His behavior was perhaps a little unprofessional and juvenile, and directing his complaints to a lowly staff member was unfair and misguided, but I'm sure drive-thru staff have to deal with a lot worse every day.

First of all, he is some unknown guy who more than two years ago posted a video on the internet...if he didn't feel the need to constantly bring it to everyone's attention nobody would remember it by now. Secondly, however stupid his video, it was no reason to fire him, and certainly not twice, there must have been other reasons. Thirdly, he had a high paying job, apparently a lot of money and didn't save anything? He made $200k for chrissakes, he should have been able to live of that for some time, and that's assuming his wife was/is a stay at home mum, otherwise it sounds even more ridiculous.

So in conclusion, I feel not an ounce of sympathy for that man.

but I'm sure drive-thru staff have to deal with a lot worse every day.

I have to disagree. I doubt drive-thru staff have to deal with customers airing their dissatisfaction with the opinions of that companies CEO all that often.

What did he really expect the attendant to do? "Let me call the CEO right away and I'll convey your frustration and oppositions to certain opinions held by certain members of this company"

However, gloating about his misfortune seems equally distasteful and spiteful.

That douche will have to change his name in order to survive in the job market. With the name change there goes his job experience.. what an idiot.

I never supported what he did originally that caused him to be fired.  However it's a shame that his family has to suffer (he has four children apparently).  Everybody does deserve a second chance.  Not to sound sexist or anything but why can't his wife get a job?

• Like 1

Sounds to me like he acted like an idiot, and now he's dealing with the consequences. I agree with his stance, and I think Chick-fil-A is a terrible company that shouldn't be allowed to do business, but there was no point in yelling at some innocent employee.

It's a shame, though, that his family are suffering because he's an ass monkey.

I agree that it's a shame his family is suffering, but are they suffering because he's an ass or because he's prideful? I don't know about you, but even if I was a corporate executive and I lost my job, if I had a family to provide for I would take any job I could hold on to.

The way the article is written it sounds like he's only trying to get other high-paying executive jobs, and would rather see his family live on foods tamps than take a cut in pay or stature.

Am I missing something? I didn't find that video offensive at all. His behavior was perhaps a little unprofessional and juvenile, and directing his complaints to a lowly staff member was unfair and misguided, but I'm sure drive-thru staff have to deal with a lot worse every day.

That video was seriously cringe worthy... The worker was very professional and stood up well to the berating and bullying this guy laid on her, but I felt very uncomfortable watching this. It was just completely uncalled for.

This line worker doesn't dictate corporate policy or its stances on anything. They are merely doing their job, which she seemed to do extremely well, and nothing more. If he "wanted to make a stand" he should have tried filming himself at Chick-Fil-A HQ getting a conversation with the CEO or some other C-Level executive.

But he thought he was doing something cool because people like him see the average worker as a punching bag. He thought "hey why not get some YouTube support and hits jumping on the anti-Chick-Fil-A bandwagon by beating up on this useless human... oh sorry, I meant line worker."

He deserves to eat the salt out of his wounds for a long time. Shame his family is stuck on the ride with him.

• Like 3