100049.... any point...?

I mean other than spartan, which I have zero interest in and would never use anyway, is there any thing else actually different than 10041...???

Thanks.

People were complaining that they weren't releasing builds fast enough; now there's complaints that the changes aren't enough with quicker releases... poor MS can't win

Welcome to the internet :D lol

It's quite sad really.. but, you're right

People were complaining that they weren't releasing builds fast enough; now there's complaints that the changes aren't enough with quicker releases... poor MS can't win

Who's complaining, exactly...??

All I did was ask a question. Perhaps I should run my questions by you first...???

There are bug fixes, and alarms, calc, and voice recorder have been updated. There are some UI changes involving window borders, too.

Ok, thanks.

If you had any issue running DX11 based games on 10041, 10049 seemed to fix that.  In my case, running Civilization V on 10041 would cause the game to crash immediately.  On 10049, the game runs without a hitch.

I mean other than spartan, which I have zero interest in and would never use anyway, is there any thing else actually different than 10041...???

Thanks.

What do you mean you would never use? Spartan is designed for new HTML5 sites. I'm hearing Spartan is the default and you can set it to IE 11 comp mode when on websites using Flash.

What do you mean you would never use? Spartan is designed for new HTML5 sites. I'm hearing Spartan is the default and you can set it to IE 11 comp mode when on websites using Flash.

Maybe he prefers Chrome and/or Firefox... They work really well on HTML5 sites already you know and on more versions of Windows (and Android, Linux) then just Windows 10.

Thanks.

The point is you're beta testing, so upgrade and test.

• Like 2

Why use spartan if you use chrome/ff?  I know that when 10 comes out.. I will likely upgrade.. but spartan will likely only be used to navigate to the chrome download page.

Why use spartan if you use chrome/ff?  I know that when 10 comes out.. I will likely upgrade.. but spartan will likely only be used to navigate to the chrome download page.

and when realizing that Spartan is better than chrome while doing that, you just keep using it ;P

I think the main problem is that more than half of people who install these previews are not getting the point of a preview build...

They just installing these without any thinking and then complain "it's bad", "slow", "why it crashes?", "can't play SuperMegaGame3 and this is my only OS on my PC so f*ck you MS", "no new things", etc...

I get facepalm-combos everytime I read these complains... :D

I think the main problem is that more than half of people who install these previews are not getting the point of a preview build...

They just installing these without any thinking and then complain "it's bad", "slow", "why it crashes?", "can't play SuperMegaGame3 and this is my only OS on my PC so f*ck you MS", "no new things", etc...

So do I [emoji14]

I think the main problem is that more than half of people who install these previews are not getting the point of a preview build...

They just installing these without any thinking and then complain "it's bad", "slow", "why it crashes?", "can't play SuperMegaGame3 and this is my only OS on my PC so f*ck you MS", "no new things", etc...

Indeed. You only need to see the comments on the front page of Neowin when a new build comes out. It's a preview ffs.

The more preview builds MS release, the more bugs can be reported and fixed in time for RTM. I fail to see the problem.

The more preview builds MS release, the more bugs can be reported and fixed in time for RTM. I fail to see the problem.

I see what you're saying,..

but whats the point?

</sarcasm

Sadly this is a always a big ANNOYING issue with public betas and early access.

All the whiners flood out any legitimate comments/concerns/bugs.

Of course there's a point, but I would add that Spartan has it's issues in this build so the slow ring may be for you.

You can't drag a tab to create a new window. Right-clicking and sending it to a new windows seems archaic and buggy.

Sometimes when you right-click to open in a new tab, a new, blank, tab opens instead of your link.

You can't change the default search provider from Bing.

Switch videos to full screen only fills the entire browser window, not the desktop screen. Maybe a limitation from keeping the app contained in the window like apps?

Spartan has some of the same formatting issues with sites like Neowin when quoting and replying as IE11 did.

Double-clicking the title bar does not make the window full screen.

Just some things I noticed.

and when realizing that Spartan is better than chrome while doing that, you just keep using it ;P

Most unlikely,  It might surpass chrome and Firefox one day, but not this year or next, Microsoft going to have hard time to keep up with the pace of chrome and Firefox development cycle( 6 weeks ).

Most unlikely,  It might surpass chrome and Firefox one day, but not this year or next, Microsoft going to have hard time to keep up with the pace of chrome and Firefox development cycle( 6 weeks ).

yeah, sorry, but fast releases don't equal quality. and besides with Spartan supporting addons it's already way beyond FF,heck, I prefer IE now over FF.

Then you'll miss out on Cortana integration, the reading list and the inking and sharing features that are even in this early build of Project Spartan which both Chrome and Firefox lack.

Thanks.

Nope. Especially since it took a full 4-5 hours to install on a mechanical HDD.

Then you'll miss out on Cortana integration, the reading list and the inking and sharing features that are even in this early build of Project Spartan which both Chrome and Firefox lack.

I think they'll live. 

Hmm.. I don't use voice search.. don't have a touch screen computer... and I can use pushbullet for sharing if I need to.  I guess I can see the use for some people.. but myself I just see it as extra bloat.