What's been your favourite game of 2015?

I know we are pretty early into the year but there has already been some good releases. A lot of people seem to be really enjoying Bloodborn. Majora's Mask came to the 3DS. There was the Resident Evil remaster in January.

Or alternatively you can complain about how disappointed you are with the offerings so far.

We can update this topic through the year as more games come out.

There is a post here about what has come out and what is coming this year

I came here thinking that "Any Game" would be acceptable, but as I can see it's oriented towards this year only.

I don't really play console games, but if I were to say any game period, EVE Online would have to be my favorite.

Bloodborn looks pretty fantastically epic.

Battlefield Hardline.

• Like 2

So far, this year I haven't actually bought and played a single 2015 game :|

I've mostly been playing Destiny and Minecraft, I have bought Cities Skylines but I've not actually downloaded it yet.

I've been wanting to play Majora's Mask, but don't have a 3DS. Still haven't gotten around to the RE remaster.

I've been mostly stuck playing Cities Skylines and Pillars of Eternity though. I'm quite impressed with this year so far.

No question Pillars of Eternity (PC) for games actually released in 2015.

I'm still playing Dragon Age Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor, and Diablo 3 on my PS4 but those are all pre-2015 releases.  I think the only console game I play that launched in 2015 is Helldivers and while fun it wouldn't top my list.

I suspect Witcher 3 (on PC) will replace Pillars of Eternity as my top pick when it releases.  Batman: Arkham Knight is the next new PS4 game I plan to pick up (not counting free Plus games).

So far, Pillars of Eternity. Meanwhile doing a second run through of Inquisition, waiting on Witcher 3 and Heart of Thorns.. probably others but haven't looked at the upcoming release schedules lately.

Edit: Dreamfall and Borderlands mentioned below slipped my mind, both are excellent games too.. GoT is on my todo.

newest Dreamfall: Chapters episode.

honorable mentions:

newest life is strange episode.

newest game of thrones episode.

newest tales from borderlands episode.

as you see, i like adventure games.   i feel more connected to the characters, then even in RPG games.   (though i might get Pillars of Eternity - it might be awesome)

too bad that they all seem to take the "episodic format"  -   but it the quality games get made, i don't mind.

rpg's can be great, and customizing every bit of your character can be fun,

but there is something more real in experience for me in some adventures, i fell like i AM the character, not i am controlling a character....

also i kinda prefer a short but dramatic story, to the extra hours in RPGs that are spend on harvesting, or just fighting to get to the next bit of story development.

(i spend 120hours playing Inquisition...  It is great, but I think the same experience could have being compressed to 20 hours, since there was a lot of walking and fighting boring re-spawns...

and some missions where too unrewarding for the long time it took to complete it, and i am a bit of competitionist.... so i tend to take all the side quests i am offered :(  )

and considering the recent trend of choice based experience, without any inventory customization, i like the direction adventure games are taking.

while some puzzles are frustrating and can take a lot of time, they can also be incredibly rewarding...

why in many RPGs, moving forward was about taking easier missions to level up, until you are ready, definitely feels like a waste of time, without much reward other then stats.

Ended up being a double post.. but... is  Pillars of Eternity really as good as it seems? I've played many a role playing game.. though I prefer the torchlight/diablo style games.. I do enjoy a good RPG.  Does it live up to the hype?  I've watched some gameplay videos and i'm not 100% solid.

Ended up being a double post.. but... is  Pillars of Eternity really as good as it seems? I've played many a role playing game.. though I prefer the torchlight/diablo style games.. I do enjoy a good RPG.  Does it live up to the hype?  I've watched some gameplay videos and i'm not 100% solid.

yeah, me too.     i am putting it off for now.  

i love torchlight and diablo 1,2 (never bought D3 due to the publicity and torchlight)

the idea sounds pretty good, and i did play a few bioware games...(kotor and neverwinter nights, which were great, but a huge time sink)

but i am not ready to commit to it, unless it is actually worth the hype it seems to get.

i say give it a month and see the reviews then maybe?  i mean, unless you have nothing else to play?    that will be my strategy.

the fact that it takes 70 hours to beat the main story at leasure playing (the way i want to play, and to explore) is also a stopping point.

i am not ready to commit myself to 70 hours...

it will be the same, i will be alone in my room all the time, never leaving the house, and ordering food instead of cooking, just to play more.

at least with shorter games it is not an issue, LOL

So far, this year I haven't actually bought and played a single 2015 game :|

I admire your ability to resist the deals. Zs4ZkJy.gif

Ended up being a double post.. but... is Pillars of Eternity really as good as it seems? I've played many a role playing game.. though I prefer the torchlight/diablo style games.. I do enjoy a good RPG. Does it live up to the hype? I've watched some gameplay videos and i'm not 100% solid.

Depends on your idea of a good RPG. If you're a fan of the old classics... Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights and the like, you'll love this. Same developers, very similar gameplay (streamlined and modernized), just a different setting. If you're into fast action styled RPGs this might not be for you, it's a lot more tactical.

yeah, me too.     i am putting it off for now.  

i love torchlight and diablo 1,2 (never bought D3 due to the publicity and torchlight)

the idea sounds pretty good, and i did play a few bioware games...(kotor and neverwinter nights, which were great, but a huge time sink)

but i am not ready to commit to it, unless it is actually worth the hype it seems to get.

i say give it a month and see the reviews then maybe?  i mean, unless you have nothing else to play?    that will be my strategy.

the fact that it takes 70 hours to beat the main story at leasure playing (the way i want to play, and to explore) is also a stopping point.

i am not ready to commit myself to 70 hours...

it will be the same, i will be alone in my room all the time, never leaving the house, and ordering food instead of cooking, just to play more.

at least with shorter games it is not an issue, LOL

Yea for sure.  Like I have a ridiculous amount of steam games, an active WoW Subscription,  beta access to heroes of the storm.  Bought cities skylines a couple weeks ago.  So yea it's not like I'm out of games to play.

I've played Skylines the most, but Dying Light is something really special, so i'm going to go with it.

GTA V PC might take the spot though. we'll see in a couple weeks.

Easy if you have a backlog of games you like but never finished yet

I suffer from that and I still fall victim to the deals.

My name is compl3x, and I have a problem.

• Like 2