What's been your favourite game of 2015?

My name is compl3x, and I have a problem.

the real problem is choice.      back in the day, there was not much choice, and every good game was popular and you played it for a long time.

now, there is too much games, customised to the genre you like.  and with decent prices on sales, you feel the need to get it, even if you don't plan to play it immediatly.

i am pretty sure, it is a "collectionist gamer" syndrome.   you better see someone for help.   

best option for you is to quit gaming for a year.   go to a monastery.   work on your inter gamer.   

promise you will complete every game you buy, before buying the next one.

(unless it is superhard or something... or you totally get disappointed with the game, around the middle...

then, delete the game forever, and don't let it just hang there, calling on you to play it, and you procrastinating on it, just like on real live things...)

but, before that, just go on one last gaming binge!    you can totally do it! 

we here @ neowin believe in you.  don't let us down.   

(i swear to god, do not less us down, you hear me!)

/* that will be $200, just leave them on the table by the door.
 now then... when should i schedule your next appointment??? */

I don't have $200. Can I instead become a preacher of your philosophy and bring more people to your cause? You could get $200 from me, or I could bring 5 people to you, who could in turn bring 5, and so on.

Think about it! :p

I still need to deal with Majora's Mask on my 3DS. I was a PlayStation kid, so I never got to play it back in the day.

I don't have $200. Can I instead become a preacher of your philosophy and bring more people to your cause? You could get $200 from me, or I could bring 5 people to you, who could in turn bring 5, and so on.

hmm, i am not willing to go all pyramid...  but if you bring 5 referrals and they pay with real monopoly money, i will arrange for your next 4 consultations to be free of charge...

heck, if you bring 10 friends, you can even have the nurse, after they are proven not to be imaginary and are willing to pay the price.

i almost have a feeling that this should be in random text thread.   opps.

Easy if you have a backlog of games you like but never finished yet

Nonsense!

Real gamers continue to add to their backlog and drain their wallet.

Andy likes to buy The Last of Us and not play it, for example :p

Nonsense!

Real gamers continue to add to their backlog and drain their wallet.

Andy likes to buy The Last of Us and not play it, for example :p

I seriously have an issue with buying games I never play. TLoU is just the tip of the iceberg.

I could stop buying games today and still never run out of something to play, until the day I die :/ My life:

kid-vs-adult-games.png

I seriously have an issue with buying games I never play. TLoU is just the tip of the iceberg.

I could stop buying games today and still never run out of something to play, until the day I die :/

Likewise. Although I did do a cull of old PS3 games not too long ago.

LOL at image.

I could stop buying games today and still never run out of something to play, until the day I die :/ My life:

I have a HUGE problem with it. I have almost 430 games on Steam (I just looked) of which I've probably played like 5. I may have bought like two or three of them on Steam but I buy pretty much all of the Humble Bundles and I've kickstarted almost 100 projects and when they give Steam codes I just put them in Steam because well... of course I do.

I only even run Steam on my old outdated computer because I don't like it (mostly just to put my codes in) which is why I've actually played so few.

On GoG.com (my preferred digital game service) I'm up to over 300 games. I've played more of those but that's because A LOT of them are old games I played growing up and I got for nostalgia reasons but have never loaded up the digital version from GoG. So that's over 700 PC games right there then I have PlayStation 3, 4, and Vita games. I just recently got rid of my PSP and PS2 games. I don't think I'll live long enough to go through what I've got right now and yet I keep backing kickstarters, buying humble bundles, grabbing the PS+ games, and that doesn't even count actually buying games in stores and such (Like I have Arkham Knight on preorder from Gamestop right now). Yeah, I've got a problem.

I admire your ability to resist the deals. Zs4ZkJy.gif

Unfortunately its more a lack of interest in most of the stuff out there and not enough money to warrant taking a risk on games. Plenty games I would be happy to buy and give a try if money wasn't a question in my head.

I was going to say Dead or Alive 5 Last Round based on the 2015 list, but then I noticed Dying Light. :laugh:

Definitely Dying Light.  It's not really fantastically amazing, but it is very well done.

I'm sure my answer will be Just Cause 3 by the end of the year. :woot: 

Ori and the blind forest

i am surprised by how much love the game is getting.    yeah, it is ok,  but such praise?  

here is exactly how i felt about it.  

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/columns/extra-punctuation/13713-Ori-and-the-Blind-Forest-Is-More-Style-Over-Substance

definetely a platphormer with good controls, and very pretty looking too. but that is all.   

there have being a lot of platformers in past few years that have better story and more fun gameplay.

I can confirm that Assassin's Creed Rogue has been my favourite game in the 2015 ...

But ... the year is not over yet ...

are you playing on PC?   you must be, since it is a 2014 game on PS3 and 360.

how are the graphics?     because it was never on One or PS4, like black flag,  are the graphics worse? or are they the same as AC:black flag?

are you playing on PC?   you must be, since it is a 2014 game on PS3 and 360.

how are the graphics?     because it was never on One or PS4, like black flag,  are the graphics worse? or are they the same as AC:black flag?

Better than any of a previous AC title one .

I'll play it till my eyes will bleed ... :laugh:

Better than any of a previous AC title one .

I'll play it till my eyes will bleed ... :laugh:

better then Black Flag? or same?

i might get it, though i was not a fan of the sailing part of black flag, overall it was a good game.

how much time is spent sailing here? 

Yes , hugely better I'll say ...

interesting that you think that.  i though it was the same engine on PC.

better then Black Flag? or same?

i might get it, though i was not a fan of the sailing part of black flag, overall it was a good game.

how much time is spent sailing here? 

Yes , hugely better I'll say ...

Then , do not buy it at all ...

Even more sailling in this one .

Ahoy , my crew ! [ I assume 25% of sailing just in the first ( 2 ) chapers I played so far . ] ...

• Like 1

umm, huh? I own Black Flag on the X1.

sorry, language differences.

Black Flag was PS4 and One, and Rouge was only 360 and PS3 before coming to PC

pardon me. i was originally meant to write

because it was never on One or PS4, the black flag WAS. since Black Flag was on those platforms

Cities: Skylines so far. Bloodborne is good but my verdict is going to wait till I've gotten farther in the game. But Cities: Skylines is worth every penny and then some.

Dying Light. No question at all about it. Loved the game, and it is the first game since GTA V that I have actually beat. Such a fun game.

Honorable mentions, although I have not beaten them are...

OlliOlli 2

Hotline Miami 2