Neowin 30 day eToro Challenge

Right guys, We need a proper eToro thread. A thread to discuss trading on eToro. 

For those of you who have PM'd me and replied in this thread....

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1233173-etoro-anyone-use-it/

You will know what eToro is all about, Its quite a fun way of investing and you could make some cash. I had a unique opportunity to meet these guys last week, We had some fun, A good chat about the markets etc and a presentation about the new software they are rolling out. 

I always thought that copying a trader's trades is a bit like admitting failure and I am skeptical that a successful trader would bother doing such a thing. But instead of trading currencies/indices it's just trading people and trading does take screen time which those who have a profession can't commit. eToro have a practice account option and I have selected a few traders to monitor and then evaluate whether I may want to chuck a few

post-28229-0-64681800-1428068543.png

post-28229-0-84807000-1428068966.png

post-28229-0-48705000-1428069344.png

Hmm.. I'd be down for this.. except the whole trading at the specific time makes it harder for those not on the same time as you.  Also I've found commodities to be where the most money is made.. does it have to be currencies?

i would be down for it for sure, but cannot start till at least wed 8th. 

All my trades would be entered into the market between 10.15 and 10.30pm. The aim is that it would automatically be closed at the Take Profit rate sometime overnight. It is usually closed automatically by 11PM GMT.

so 10.15 - 10.30 gmt?  so 6.30pm eastern?   sounds perfect.

my brother has being trading USD vs CAD and EURO for a long time,   i might have to see what his strategy is, though he sets up a complicated plan of automatic triggers, and he does not even check on them often.

still makes money though, but it is really math heavy (i am pretty sure it is futures and options) trading... 

i looked at the paperwork years ago (my brother lives in another end of the world)  and i did not understand it then....   at all.

• Like 1

Hmm.. I'd be down for this.. except the whole trading at the specific time makes it harder for those not on the same time as you.  Also I've found commodities to be where the most money is made.. does it have to be currencies?

To be honest, There are no right or wrong way to trade, There are millions of ways. This is just one way I have tested and it seems to work and I wanted to test it. Stocks are a whole different ball game. 

i would be down for it for sure, but cannot start till at least wed 8th. 

so 10.15 - 10.30 gmt?  so 6.30pm eastern?   sounds perfect.

my brother has being trading USD vs CAD and EURO for a long time,   i might have to see what his strategy is, though he sets up a complicated plan of automatic triggers, and he does not even check on them often.

still makes money though, but it is really math heavy (i am pretty sure it is futures and options) trading... 

i looked at the paperwork years ago (my brother lives in another end of the world)  and i did not understand it then....   at all.

Its OK if you don't understand it that's what I did it for to get people interested and get a healthy conversation going maybe, Maybe someone who is a trader could chime in that would be awesome. 

Yeah think those time(s) are right. When you start is up to you I am just setting myself a time frame to try and be disciplined. 

Yeah this doesn't require any heavy math. 

Its OK if you don't understand it

ohh i understand this.   not worries there.  i just did not understand the "futures and options" formula heavy 3 page document my borther showed me a while back, that he uses for currency trading.

(devepoled in collaboration with major international bank reps, who implements the trading for him, with his input on the further customisations)

here, it is super simple, that is why i want to give it a try.

• Like 1

Right well Its starting tomorrow. 10.15. Everyone got their practice account or if your feeling brave real money? Any questions so far? I will try go through the first few trades this week see how we get on. 

Day 1 - Trade 1

For those of you who are in, It looks like the Market Sentiment is heavily weighted towards Selling on the EUR/USD. 71% as I am writing this. 

So I am going to put a SELL ORDER in for EUR/USD. One Pip away for Take Profit. Just waiting because its hovering around the 1.0920 mark. 

If anyone is still interested I have had an attempt at making some YouTube videos.

I hope to improve at that haha. 

At least It shows you how to make money!!

• 1 month later...