Sony PlayStation Home Console Shipments reach 370 million worldwide

PlayStation Home Console shipments have now exceeded 370* million units across PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 since 1994. The milestone will have been hit in the final quarter of FY2014/15, the results of which are due to be released by Sony at the end of this month. Sony's Portable console shipments have now exceeded 90 million units giving the PlayStation family a total of 460 million hardware sales LTD

The below is some data I've had on my PC for a while and thought I'd share, it contains Sony Home console Production/unit shipments from 1994-2014. 

*Based on Sony's FY2014/15 forecast for PS3/PS4

Xbox Home Console Shipments = 122.8 million
Nintendo Home Console Shipments = 275 million 
Sony Home Console Shipments = 370 million

Figures and stats in this topic - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023022

Thought it was of interest to post this as I've seen some say among Sony selling off divisions, could Playstation be next? Doubt it given it's actual doing well for Sony unlike TVs and mobiles.

• Like 1

Figures and stats in this topic - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023022

Thought it was of interest to post this as I've seen some say among Sony selling off divisions, could Playstation be next? Doubt it given it's actual doing well for Sony unlike TVs and mobiles.

Sony's entertainment is one of the few division that generates money, one of the reason's they won't sell it.

They've been selling off unprofitable one's they feel they can't salvage, or non-core business they want to get out of.

I don't think anyone real is saying Sony is thinking of selling off Playstation just yet, or ever. I think they'll tank first before selling off that division and that's also not remotely likely.

Impressive numbers though.

Thought it was of interest to post this as I've seen some say among Sony selling off divisions, could Playstation be next?

definately not.    if anything there is a bigger chance that playstation will actually be the main (or even the only) sonys devision left standing.