They Spray Their Bikes With Special Paint, When It Gets Dark, It Transforms Into This

Riding a bicycle in certain cities can be a little tricky, there

• Like 4

While this looks neat. I feel 0 sympathy for these cyclist. Here in the US at least, they are supposed to obey the traffic laws as if they are a motor vehicle. Constantly they just do what they want and they wonder why they get hit by cars. They go through stop signs, lights, without stopping, they change lanes or turn without signals. In Florida we have these huge packs of them that roam around on the weekends, Sometimes one will come out, block traffic on a 4 lane road and let 50 others go into the street.

While this looks neat. I feel 0 sympothy for these cyclist. Here in the US at least, they are supposed to obey the traffic laws as if they are a motor vehicle. Constantly they just do what they want and they wonder why they get hit by cars. They go through stop signs, lights, without stopping, they change lanes or turn without signals. In Florida we have these huge packs of them that roam around on the weekends, Sometimes one will come out, block traffic on a 4 lane road and let 50 others go into the street.

Same issues in Melbourne Australia with cyclists they think they own the roads and can do whatever they want and other road users have to accommodate them. 

• Like 1

While this looks neat. I feel 0 sympathy for these cyclist. Here in the US at least, they are supposed to obey the traffic laws as if they are a motor vehicle. Constantly they just do what they want and they wonder why they get hit by cars. They go through stop signs, lights, without stopping, they change lanes or turn without signals. In Florida we have these huge packs of them that roam around on the weekends, Sometimes one will come out, block traffic on a 4 lane road and let 50 others go into the street.

From my experiences around here it's the drivers that are the problem, not the cyclists, and I drive, same goes for motorcycles on the highway, jackasses in cars show no respect or concerns whatsoever over anyone in a 2 wheeled machine

• Like 2

i think it is same everywhere, cyclist almost always break the rules of the road.

i almost hit the guy pretty bad.  i was on the stop sign, turning right.  

just when i start turning, bike comes out on my right side at full speed.   the idiot did not stop on the stop sign, and i did not see him, because he was going fast.

then he proceeded to kick my car hard, and shoot at me, as if it was my fault.       i was temped to actually run him over for it.       if he just stopped at stop signs like he was supposed to, there would be no issue.

self entitled mofo. also clearly not willing to protect his own safety.

• Like 3

Now they need non-DBag paint and I think we will all get along famously.

Maybe some, "follow the rules of the road" paint while we are it.

• Like 3

As someone who do a lot of biking including at night, I think this is great.

I have had a few close calls despite having a headlight and a taillight on my bike.

Ditto here in central london.

Cyclists are a menace here. Yes, there are ones which obey the law, for for every one that does, there's 10 that doesn't. The worst is how they don't stop at red lights whilst pedestrians are trying to cross the road!

I'm dumbfounded.

1. As an American who has not visited the UK, that traffic system looks absolutely abysmal.

2. Why aren't street bicycles glow-in-the-dark to begin with...?

• Like 2

Ditto here in central london.

Cyclists are a menace here. Yes, there are ones which obey the law, for for every one that does, there's 10 that doesn't. The worst is how they don't stop at red lights whilst pedestrians are trying to cross the road!

The baffling thing is how these idiots feel justified with their "rights" and continue to do these things. 

I am sorry but no amount of rights will save your life when a 2 ton car crushes you.

It's so annoying when they do that, but it's also annoying when the cyclists who actually do follow the rules have to deal with rude drivers (driving in a bike lane, parking in the bike lane, not paying attention when turning, etc.)

It's so annoying when they do that, but it's also annoying when the cyclists who actually do follow the rules have to deal with rude drivers (driving in a bike lane, parking in the bike lane, not paying attention when turning, etc.)

Cyclist are supposed to give way to turning vehicles at intersections even if the vehicles turn crosses into a bike lane, or at-least this is the law in Victoria but no cyclist gives way. I've never seen a driver parking in a bike lane because its not big enough to fit a car and half of his car would be in a car lane and same goes for the driving a car in the bike lane it's just not possible because its much smaller than a car lane unless you mean when a car crosses through a bike lane to take a turn but as I mentioned earlier by law cyclists are supposed to give way if a car is indicating for the turn.

Here's a solution to not getting run over; stay the ###### off the road unless there are intentionally provided bike lanes present. If bike lanes are provided, stay the ###### within the bike lanes. Bikes have no business being on the road whatsoever. If there isn't an intentional bike lane, then they need to stay on the sidewalk. Here in the U.S., the bastard bike riders are a complete nuisance. I've long contemplated putting huge air bags on my car so that I could safely bump them off the road without scratching the paint on my car.

• Like 2

Same in London the spray needs to give them brain. I see cyclists trying to out speed busses, tracks and cars as if they are motorbikes, doing idiotic manoeuvres around pedestrians and generally having no clue how the traffic works first before getting out there.

It should be a world wide LAW that if you are a cyclist you have to have lights fitted to your bike at all times and turn them on when its low light.

also there should be prosocutions/fines for those that think the sidewalk/pavements are their own personal road.

there is a lot of cyclists in my town who think the rules do not apply to them it is impossible to tax cyclists to use the roads but at minimum there should be

a cycle safety exam taken to prove you are capable of using a cycle safely.

Bicycles should never have been allowed on the streets.

Becuz of that, now there's bike lanes on the streets everywhere, and I find that dangerous for people on bikes.

I ride a bike, but refuse to be in the traffic, way too dangerous, so I ride on the sidewalk, where bicycles should be.

I don't care what anyone says. A person on a pedal bike hitting a pedestrian may result in scratches,

but a car clipping a bicyclist in the bike lane, would most likely result in death.

• Like 2

Car drivers are not any better. Most of them don't use their turn signal at all. Most of them barely do their stop. Most of them will pass on a very late yellow light turning to red before they are able to cross the road. Some of them even pass on red lights. There's still many of them using cellphones while driving. Most of them don't respect the priority at an intersection and totally ignore pedestrians. Most of them will turn right on a red light while pedestrians are crossing the road. Most of them don't respect speed limits. And i'm not talking about driving at 110Kmh in a 100Kmh zone i'm taking about 60kmh in a f***** parking or 140+Kmh in a 100 KMh zone.

The difference is if you are hit by a car while you are in your car it's no biggie unless it's a 60+ face to face.

There's so many stupid drivers i'm almost speechless every time i hit the road.

• Like 3

Here's a solution to not getting run over; stay the ###### off the road unless there are intentionally provided bike lanes present. If bike lanes are provided, stay the ###### within the bike lanes. Bikes have no business being on the road whatsoever. If there isn't an intentional bike lane, then they need to stay on the sidewalk.

Toronto has bike lanes, although drivers park in them sometimes as well as police -- when they are just taking a break -- and should know better.  Kids are allowed to ride on the sidewalks, but not adults.

It should be a world wide LAW that if you are a cyclist you have to have lights fitted to your bike at all times and turn them on when its low light.

It is law in certain cities in Canada, I know it is in Toronto.

Also there should be prosocutions/fines for those that think the sidewalk/pavements are their own personal road.

As I mentioned before, kids in Toronto are allowed to ride on the sidewalk, don't know if any other cities in Canada allow this.

there is a lot of cyclists in my town who think the rules do not apply to them it is impossible to tax cyclists to use the roads but at minimum there should be

This is true everywhere, I know Toronto will fine you if you do something stupid on a bike, although it's not really enforced.

A cycle safety exam taken to prove you are capable of using a cycle safely.

A group home I lived in back in the 1980s did this, before they'd let you off property with your bike, although I didn't agree with riding your bike against traffic instead of riding with traffic.

I'm dumbfounded.

1. As an American who has not visited the UK, that traffic system looks absolutely abysmal.

2. Why aren't street bicycles glow-in-the-dark to begin with...?

Agree on #1 - been to London

Here's a solution to not getting run over; stay the ###### off the road unless there are intentionally provided bike lanes present. If bike lanes are provided, stay the ###### within the bike lanes. Bikes have no business being on the road whatsoever. If there isn't an intentional bike lane, then they need to stay on the sidewalk. Here in the U.S., the bastard bike riders are a complete nuisance. I've long contemplated putting huge air bags on my car so that I could safely bump them off the road without scratching the paint on my car.

I don't know what the law is in Colorado but here in the UK (and in Australia) cyclists have to ride on the roads and are banned from riding on pavements.  That's as it should be - cyclists have to obey all road rules and drivers need to be considerate.  Unfortunately IME cyclists rarely follow the rules and frequently ride on pavements where they put pedestrians at risk.

Cyclist are supposed to give way to turning vehicles at intersections even if the vehicles turn crosses into a bike lane, or at-least this is the law in Victoria but no cyclist gives way. I've never seen a driver parking in a bike lane because its not big enough to fit a car and half of his car would be in a car lane and same goes for the driving a car in the bike lane it's just not possible because its much smaller than a car lane unless you mean when a car crosses through a bike lane to take a turn but as I mentioned earlier by law cyclists are supposed to give way if a car is indicating for the turn.

I meant when people invent their own parking spaces and expect everyone to "go around" them, it's bad for cyclists and drivers too.

And as for signaling, I know what you mean but I have seen people quickly overtake the cyclist and take the turn right in front of them without warning. That's what I was talking about anyway. I agree that if a cyclist doesn't give right of way to someone who is properly signaling, you should be allowed to run over the cyclist.

I don't know what the law is in Colorado but here in the UK (and in Australia) cyclists have to ride on the roads and are banned from riding on pavements.  That's as it should be - cyclists have to obey all road rules and drivers need to be considerate.  Unfortunately IME cyclists rarely follow the rules and frequently ride on pavements where they put pedestrians at risk.

It's the same here in the US, bikes are vehicles and not allowed on the sidewalks/pavements, it's jackasses like the OP that are the problem

Usually bicyclists are required to ride on the roads and use bike lanes when available (be sure you know the laws in your area!). They usually do not have the right to be on the sidewalks, especially riding across a street or crosswalk (they must dismount the bike before crossing). No one seems to follow this rule here and it's extremely dangerous.  Personally I think it's absolutely crazy to bicycle in Colorado on roads without a bike lane, but it's allowed. Just as there are plenty of bad drivers, there are plenty of bad bicyclists, so drive defensively. Bicyclists have just as much right to be on the road as you do.

What I would argue is the safety of everyone involved when there is a bicyclist riding on a road without a bike lane and with a high speed limit. I've seen this contribute to accidents because people (around here) generally don't expect to have a bicycle/vehicle in their lane doing 25mph when the speed limit is 50. I'm not faulting the person doing 25 in a 50 but I am saying it's dangerous. I think having posted minimum speed limits might help?

I think this paint is great and every little bit of visibility helps, but the much larger issue (at least in my state) is ignorance of the driving laws. Drivers either think that they are always right, or they won't(or can't) go and look up the law if they can admit to themselves that they don't know it. Examples would be: 4-way stops, all-way stops, roundabouts, "incoming traffic does not stop", drivers creating their own right turn lanes when no lane actually exists, using center turn lanes as merge lanes (you know who you are and you will go to the special hell), driving in bike lanes, blocking intersections, and going way too fast in parking lots. If you're going more than 10mph in a parking lot, you're probably going too fast.