They Spray Their Bikes With Special Paint, When It Gets Dark, It Transforms Into This

What I've always wanted to know is, why are bikers allowed on the road without first a) passing a competency test to prove they know what they're doing, just like all other road users, and b) required to carry insurance for the damage they DO cause by their stupidity?  Why should a car owner have to face the costs of repairing damage to their car because the bike rider is a moron?

Great product!  For some reason, my Waterfox does not show any of the youtube embedded video that is posted here on Neowin.  I think it is because of the https.  I had to click the source to see that video.

Here's a solution to not getting run over; stay the ###### off the road unless there are intentionally provided bike lanes present. If bike lanes are provided, stay the ###### within the bike lanes. Bikes have no business being on the road whatsoever. If there isn't an intentional bike lane, then they need to stay on the sidewalk. Here in the U.S., the bastard bike riders are a complete nuisance. I've long contemplated putting huge air bags on my car so that I could safely bump them off the road without scratching the paint on my car.

Except, they do, they're considered vehicles and are supposed to be on the road. 

• Like 2

Here's a solution to not getting run over; stay the ###### off the road unless there are intentionally provided bike lanes present. If bike lanes are provided, stay the ###### within the bike lanes. Bikes have no business being on the road whatsoever. If there isn't an intentional bike lane, then they need to stay on the sidewalk. Here in the U.S., the bastard bike riders are a complete nuisance. I've long contemplated putting huge air bags on my car so that I could safely bump them off the road without scratching the paint on my car.

It's actually illegal in many cities to use the sidewalk (which I presume is what you mean by not using the road). Bikes have as much right to the road as cars but cyclists do need to learn to obey the damn traffic laws.

It's actually illegal in many cities to use the sidewalk (which I presume is what you mean by not using the road). Bikes have as much right to the road as cars but cyclists do need to learn to obey the damn traffic laws.

Most places where it's legal to use the sidewalk they also have to ride at walk speed.

I've never understood why Bicycles aren't allowed on sidewalks. Because a Bike may hit a pedestrian? Big deal. It's very highly unlikely that that would kill anyone. On the Road accidents are quite likely to kill someone. I live by the motto, "Every other car is your enemy and it's out to kill you". I feel that makes you a better driver and it's why in my 12 year driving history I've never been in a single accident, fender bender or anything. Not to mention my Uncle was killed while bike riding on the road because a Drunk driver felt she was better than the law.

I bike ride on side walks because I rather get fined than get killed, period.