Some Discoveries In Build 10051

After a Plethora Of problems with build 10041 with user accounts I decided to give build 10051 a try m and I found that the keyboard has been updated and that Microsoft could be planning some personalization options in the start menu using xml files

post-506539-0-39821900-1428252453.png

post-506539-0-46097400-1428252698.png

• Like 2

The start screen xml has been there since the first leaked build start screen xml is broken.

JkphG9a.gif

That's been there since Windows 8.1 Update (XML Start Screen). I've seen companies use it to mandate their list of shown / pinned applications.

That's been there since Windows 8.1 Update (XML Start Screen). I've seen companies use it to mandate their list of shown / pinned applications.

Yeah, the start menu thing has been around since 8.1 and the new keyboard was in 10041 as well. 

The fact that there are some who think this is a new feature in Windows 10 suggests that many aren't aware of what the Start screen is capable of in Windows 8.1.

Yup, I'll never cease to be amazed at the number of articles (even here on Neowin) about "new features discovered in this build!" and I'm sitting there going...Windows could do this for years. 

I told one of my friends the other day about Ctrl+Shift+Esc opening task manager. He insisted it must be a new Windows 8.1 thing.  *facepalm*

• Like 3

Yup, I'll never cease to be amazed at the number of articles (even here on Neowin) about "new features discovered in this build!" and I'm sitting there going...Windows could do this for years. 

I told one of my friends the other day about Ctrl+Shift+Esc opening task manager. He insisted it must be a new Windows 8.1 thing.  *facepalm*

There's so many kb shortcuts it's hard for most people to keep track of the simple 2 button ones, let alone the more complex 3 button ones.