Will I be able to buy the Apple iWatch on credit?

Hey Guys,

I'm planning to pre-order an iWatch on the 10/4/15 but was wandering If I'll be able to purchase the iWatch on credit?

Thanks in advance

Without going into the whole WTF question.  Luxury items should not be bought on credit.  Why would you want to put yourself in debt for something you don't really need?

Anyway, do you mean from Apple? If you buy it on a credit card, it will be on credit.

• Like 3

Try it and let us know! We don't know what your credit rating is. Do you have a credit card? Nothing screams poor more than someone going to buy an iWatch on tick hahaha no pun intended. 

Each to their own I guess. 

• Like 2

Without going into the whole WTF question.  Luxury items should not be bought on credit.  Why would you want to put yourself in debt for something you don't really need?

Anyway, do you mean from Apple? If you buy it on a credit card, it will be on credit.

I have a good credit rating...I only ask because of the pre-ordering

Yes, but probably not at launch. The sale doesn't go through until the finance is completed, and that can take anywhere from an hour to a week - by which time stock will probably have gone.

I wouldn't dream of buying an Apple Watch and not putting it on my credit card. That's like $6 cash back, plus a free warranty, just for using my credit card vs a debit card, never mind the ease of mind of entering the number on a website, or trying to pay with cash over a computer :p

• Like 1

I have a good credit rating...I only ask because of the pre-ordering

Not sure what having a good credit rating has anything to do with it... but I've dragged this off topic enough...

Yes, but probably not at launch. The sale doesn't go through until the finance is completed, and that can take anywhere from an hour to a week - by which time stock will probably have gone.

I was hoping to pre-order and then do the finance in-store

I was hoping to pre-order then do the finance in-store

In store should be fine as long as you've pre-ordered.

Many thanks for a sensible answer......and not go off on one about the virtues of buying goods on credit  :angry:

• Like 1

I wouldn't dream of buying an Apple Watch and not putting it on my credit card. That's like $6 cash back, plus a free warranty, just for using my credit card vs a debit card, never mind the ease of mind of entering the number on a website, or trying to pay with cash over a computer :p

Absolutely this - Not sure how people pay for big purchases online (I consider this $500-5k). I'd put that sucker on credit just to get cash back, and additional warranty like you mentioned. Plus safety of credit card > debit card.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people buy things with their credit card because it is beneficial in some way for them (extended warranties, cash back rewards, airline miles, etc.) -- and a lot of folks pay off their credit card balance monthly and are not charged interest. Calling someone stupid for using credit to buy a luxury item seems short sighted to me.

Apple, through Barclaycard, regularly does the no interest for 12 months on items. I can pay for the item out of pocket, but will still go with 0 interest for X-month plans when I buy Apple products.

Anyway -- If you want to give mom and dad advice, have kids. Telling people you disapprove of their spending habits on the Internet is asinine.

• Like 1

Some people buy things with their credit card because it is beneficial in some way for them (extended warranties, cash back rewards, airline miles, etc.) -- and a lot of folks pay off their credit card balance monthly and are not charged interest. Calling someone stupid for using credit to buy a luxury item seems short sighted to me.

I bolded the important part - many people see credit cards as a tool that encourages bad habits. If you pay off the entire balance each month (not getting charged interest), you will get some benefits!

Anything i order online i use my credit card, even stuff i would normally just use my debit card to pay off. The incenvitves are enough alone, but usually if i have cash for something i want ill buy it on the credit card and pay it off within a day or so, i get the points and no interest. Not everyone is irresponsible with credit cards ;)

Not to derail this further, but why wouldn't you? If you make your purchases like I do, anything you buy with your credit card should be able to be covered with your checking account. I gain security, I gain points (which I just spent on two 3TB NAS drives), and various other benefits.

At the end of each billing statement, I pay said statement in full and incur no penalty of interest. It's basically like paying cash, except I reap extra benefits from it. I'm not a credit wizard or anything though, I just started doing this and my credit rating started to climb pretty well over the past 2.5 years.

Not to derail this further, but why wouldn't you? If you make your purchases like I do, anything you buy with your credit card should be able to be covered with your checking account. I gain security, I gain points (which I just spent on two 3TB NAS drives), and various other benefits.

At the end of each billing statement, I pay said statement in full and incur no penalty of interest. It's basically like paying cash, except I reap extra benefits from it. I'm not a credit wizard or anything though, I just started doing this and my credit rating started to climb pretty well over the past 2.5 years.

+1 as stated above, the benefits of paying with a credit card are enough alone.

Try it and let us know! We don't know what your credit rating is. Do you have a credit card? Nothing screams poor more than someone going to buy an iWatch on tick hahaha no pun intended. 

Each to their own I guess. 

While there are advantages to using a credit card to buy items like this with (as long as its paid back in full in a timely manner) it can help improve the credit rating of the card holder,

it is not wise to by things on a whim on finance as they the item does not belong to the person who took out the credit agreement until its fully paid off.

I hope for the OP's sake that they can afford to buy the watch on credit or finance.

• 2 weeks later...