Google 'looking at buying Twitter'

Google 'looking at buying Twitter'

Twitter shares jump on reports Google has approached the social network about a possible takeover

More than $1.5bn (

Google launched its own social network, Google+, in 2011, but despite racking up around 300m monthly active users, it has struggled against rivals such as Twitter and Facebook.

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that the majority of people on Twitter and Facebook want to be on it and the majority of people on Google+ were forced to be on it.

Also, 300,000,000 "Active" users? Of that how many of them post at least once per month?

• Like 2

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that the majority of people on Twitter and Facebook want to be on it and the majority of people on Google+ were forced to be on it.

Also, 300,000,000 "Active" users? Of that how many of them post at least once per month?

"Forced"? Really?

Interesting, basically admitting defeat to G+, if they buy. To this day, I still don't understand how twitter is relevant/purpose.

Twitter takeover rumors swirl, with Google rumored to acquire Twitter

Google is rumored to be thinking of acquiring Twitter, with two unnamed companies reportedly approaching Twitter with "serious" interest in a takeover.

There have been rumors of a potential takeover bid on Twitter, with shares in the company rising 3.5% to $52 each yesterday. Barron's reporting that there are two unnamed companies that have approached Twitter with "serious" interest in taking it over.

Source

Has Twitter ever generated an actually "profit" as a company?

I know it has a lot of value.

Has Twitter ever generated an actually "profit" as a company?

I know it has a lot of value.

nope, but as a brand eg "have 2x followers and i will give you my product to endorse"

edit: I wonder if google does purchase it, will be become g+t

nope, but as a brand eg "have 2x followers and i will give you my product to endorse"

edit: I wonder if google does purchase it, will be become g+t

= A?

• Like 1

Yes, really.

Please explain to me how Google forced you to create a Google+ account and forced you to use Google+

I don't mean a Google account, if you wanted to use their services then you need an account but actually forced you to login to Google+, Could you provide video of where Google employees came to your house and forced you, at gunpoint, to login to Google+

Being a tad melodramatic perchance?

Please explain to me how Google forced you to create a Google+ account and forced you to use Google+

I don't mean a Google account, if you wanted to use their services then you need an account but actually forced you to login to Google+, Could you provide video of where Google employees came to your house and forced you, at gunpoint, to login to Google+

Weren't all the services not gmail, tied to g+?   like youtube?

Please Google stay away, you are turning into the jack of all trades, master of none!

ok, you got search and maps done......cut down on your other services and concentrate on making what's left just as good!

yes, yes you are.  for such examples, not having any connection to internet identity ;)

it is true, about forcing users, except not in real life at gun point, obviously... :rolleyes:

but by keeping using gmail i somehow ended up with g+, which i did not want, asked for, or cared about.   so yeah, it was forced on me.

• Like 2

Please Google stay away, you are turning into the jack of all trades, master of none!

ok, you got search and maps done......cut down on your other services and concentrate on making what's left just as good!

If they're serious about social networking, it makes sense they would want it to bolster those efforts. But as you pointed out, that's not really one of their core competencies. They keep straying into moonshot projects that sound cool but don't seem to go anywhere. If this report is true, does Google really have any idea how to integrate Twitter with the rest of their business units? Or do they just want it because they want it and have cash burning a hole in their pocket? They still haven't figured out how to monetize Youtube yet.

Google should be devoting time and research to figuring out desalinization to irrigate California.

I'd be interested to know if those 300m users are counting youtube users. I have to log in to youtube with my G+ account and the comments I post are from that account too. Since youtube made everyone switch to G+ it seems likely that their 300m active users are counting people who login to youtube.

I was forced to create a g+ profile to continue using YouTube and Reader. Google forcing G+ is established history.
  • Like 3

Twitter users will be happy with their new mandatory Google Plus account and other massive invasions of privacy.

If Google buys Twitter, I'm out.

There's a surprise.

As to the rumour, I doubt it. Twitter doesn't really have much to offer, certainly nothing to justify 30+ billion. That's a crazy amount for something that has yet to make any money. Twitch would make more sense because of the Youtube tie in. Then again, if YT adopted all the Twitch features, it could out-compete it overnight.

No, as I quite obviously don't mean that they forced me at gunpoint.

As others have stated it's pretty well accepted that Google+ was forced onto people. You may think that Google needing to come to my house, pointing a gun to my head and making me sign up for Google+ is one the only ways one can be forced but you'd be incorrect. Forced can also mean compulsory. And it is compulsory if you use Google's other services. I, for example, have a Google+ account; I do not want one, I didn't sign up for one, and I've never used it. When I log into YouTube I'm sure they consider my Google+ Account as active. Which was my original point.

So no, I'm not being melodramatic, but you kind of are.

forced

[fawrst, fohrst] 
Spell Syllables
adjective
enforced or compulsory:
forced labor.
  • Like 2

Dont forget when you make a google account for your android devices then BOOM your an active google+ member now.  No one put a gun to my head or anything but they basiclly said if i want to use youtube or gmail or any of their other tools that i am now a g+ member and every time you do things on gmail or youtube you are being active on g+ since its all tied in. Its forcing you by taking something they know you want and saying you can have this but you also have to take this bag of dog crap with you as well and smell it every time you use this other product that you really need.

Would be didfferent a little to me had i signed up for google today and was warned but i have been a member of gmail since beta and became attached to it and they just automatically shoved g+ down my throat and auto filled out a lot of the info on my page with stuff i had in my gmail account.

• Like 1