GameInformer May '15 Cover Revealed

by Ben Reeves on April 07, 2015 at 03:06 PM

cover-reveal-610-watermark.jpg

The original Deus Ex is one of the most critically acclaimed shooter/RPG hybrids of all-time. In 2011, Eidos-Montreal resurrected the dormant franchise with Human Revolution, giving the series an updated look while remaining true to the player choice-driven gameplay. Eidos-Montreal knew its game wasn

• Like 2

About time. stylistically and gameplay wise probably the best game I played for decades. the only game that I remember having a better ambience and style is the old Blade Runner game. 

No boss fights. I hate boss fights in games that are supposed to be about stealth & non-lethal takedowns.

Running around shooting everything in sight can be done in pretty much every other game.

No boss fights. I hate boss fights in games that are supposed to be about stealth & non-lethal takedowns.

Running around shooting everything in sight can be done in pretty much every other game.

Well stealth and non lethal was ONE option....

I went to the trouble of stealthing/non-lethal only to find out that I had to fight bosses I was completely unequipped for. There was no way to sneak up on bosses & do non lethal takedowns.

Enter room > cutscene > boss fight

Oh, here I am with my dart gun and taser.  :/

Oh heck yeah!

Hopefully Gog.com will have this (their facebook page referenced it earlier today) but if not the day one PS4 for me.

Seems a lot like MGS: Rising now art/style-wise. Not that that's a bad thing.

I personally hope they make it so stealth is not the most rewarding option for exp. You could go loud and lethal in human revolution but then you'd be severely gimped in terms of character progression and it was quite limiting.

I went to the trouble of stealthing/non-lethal only to find out that I had to fight bosses I was completely unequipped for. There was no way to sneak up on bosses & do non lethal takedowns.

Enter room > cutscene > boss fight

Oh, here I am with my dart gun and taser.  :/

Didn't the director's cut fix this issue though? I'm sure they won't the same mistake again.

Boss battles were actually outsourced, which is why they didn't mesh with a non-lethal playthrough.

Outsourced or not it was a bad idea to include them in the first place.

I'm excited about the game, but at the same time I wonder if they actually changed anything or it'll be Human Revolution with better graphics.

Not that I'd complain about that, but eh.

Good. I think I got up to the third or fourth boss and kind of gave up because I wasn't interested in it any more.

I'm with you, boss fights are like an old gameplay device that we really don't need in many of todays games.  Specially in a game that has a stealth option, tossing in a forced boss battle with no quick and quiet stealth way to end it, is counter to the game.

I too spent the whole game stealthing through levels, though I was ready for boss fights, it was still not the part of the game I liked to do.