Powerline adapters; which to choose?

Which is a good powerline adapter?

I currently have a Linksys PLWK400 and this one doesn't work quite well (and configuration is a pain and/or cannot be done under Windows 8.1).

Is a TP-Link "TL-PA4010 AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter" a good option? Or are there better ones out there? My current ISP has 200 Mbs down.

The adapter has to be configured either wired or wireless via a Windows 8.1 PC (wired) / notebook (wireless).

Yep, I use the first sets budman linked at home, 2 pairs feeding 2 external Gb switches around the house for wired comms to all LAN devices from my DSL2 router/NAS. 

you can also just directly feed a device the resulting lan port at destination.

I wished to have 4xGb wired LAN in living room, so connected a 5 port Gb switch for the TV, Skybox, HTPC & Blueray-home cinema. The other Gb switch feed is in Pc room, for Desktop, work laptop and a n other kit im working on. 

you set them and forget them basically (like an unmanaged switch), no config required, you just pair them up with their buttons, job done. IIRC you can have up to 4 pairs.

they also have the same units, but with power passthrough (vhandy) and at one point they had 1 unit with 3 ports onit, don't know if that ones fully Gb yet, but vhandy having 3 ports on one adapter feeding another 3 slave units :)

I have the TPLink you mentioned and they are great. Now keep in my my wiring will be different than yours and as such it may not work well at your place. Also keep in mind that they are limited to 10/100 speeds because of the LAN port.

I got the 6030 model instead now, has 3 1Gbps port per unit so I didn't need a switch to connect all the devices that I had locally.

The one I linked too has the gig interfaces.. Yeah they are not much good saying they can do anything above 100 if the interface is only 100 unless you have more than 2 on the connection.

Heed Roger H's warning!

I've tested 2 sets of these in my home and neither worked well, at all. However, when I took them to my brothers house they were awesome!

All the specs on the box and reviews can't account for what evil lurks inside your walls. Be prepared to test and possibly exchange units for different models/manufacturer.